ICS Leak .215

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am so impressed! FoxKat, I do believe you made me brave enough to do it myself! (I just have to wait till I have a few hours break from taking care of my parents... I think my mom is jealous of my phone). You all are the crew of all crews! Especially...

Sydman! Excellent advice! lmao!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am so impressed! FoxKat, I do believe you made me brave enough to do it myself! (I just have to wait till I have a few hours break from taking care of my parents... I think my mom is jealous of my phone). You all are the crew of all crews! Especially...

Sydman! Excellent advice! lmao!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

He is my hero too!!

I just try to share any of the knowledge I pick up from the geniuses around here.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have a NICE NEW BLUE boot animation!! :icon_ devil: Oh, and the sound is sync'd with the video animation!!

Did you guys come up with this boot yourselves or did you find it somewhere? Can a brother get a link?

I still have the version of CWM from when I had my Droid X, but have never used it on my Razr. Does it work just like it used to for the most part? Make backups and flash roms that are loaded into the programs database?

Also will FB remove all traces of CWM and leave it stock?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Did you guys come up with this boot yourselves or did you find it somewhere? Can a brother get a link?

I still have the version of CWM from when I had my Droid X, but have never used it on my Razr. Does it work just like it used to for the most part? Make backups and flash roms that are loaded into the programs database?

Also will FB remove all traces of CWM and leave it stock?

I took another version that was posted here originally, and which was modded by someone else first, but didn't like several things about it. First, it didn't support the sound, second, it was choppy, third, the colors were not deep blue enough, and fourth, the resolution suffered.

SammyP jumped in and figured out how to get sound working, then i figured out why sound wasn't synchronized, thenhe and I starred hot to get it flashed to the phone without root access, then he figured out how to do it successfully with a little help from me, but mostly on his own, then i decided to re-color the stock animation myself and maintain quality and resolution, and finally MattyP put it all together. :D

And yes, FB will remove CWM and put you back to stock, but won't delete SU or any other user-installed programs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
And yes, FB will remove CWM and put you back to stock, but won't delete SU or any other user-installed programs.

Cool, I thought so just wanted to make sure.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Installed Bootstrap and CWM Rom Manager, upgraded to the touch, making a back up now, have the CWM on boot zip on my sd card not sure if I will use that or not.

Do you see advantages to that? I guess obviously you do since you installed it, what do you like about having it boot into recovery?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Installed Bootstrap and CWM Rom Manager, upgraded to the touch, making a back up now, have the CWM on boot zip on my sd card not sure if I will use that or not.

Do you see advantages to that? I guess obviously you do since you installed it, what do you like about having it boot into recovery?

Well, for me, I see it as one more layer of protection. You will always be able to get to recovery that way, whereas if things get really screwed up getting to recovery can be a challenge. It's a personal preference and I haven't yet had to use it but I see it as insurance.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well, for me, I see it as one more layer of protection. You will always be able to get to recovery that way, whereas if things get really screwed up getting to recovery can be a challenge. It's a personal preference and I haven't yet had to use it but I see it as insurance.

That makes perfect sense actually, I remember with the DX it was easy because if you took the battery out and put it back it they would default to CW. No taking the battery out of the Razr :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Which version are you using? The one I found says not to use anymore on ICS.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That makes perfect sense actually, I remember with the DX it was easy because if you took the battery out and put it back it they would default to CW. No taking the battery out of the Razr :)

Well, not entirely true...in the purest sense of the words, yes, but you can do a simulated battery pull which is in fact effectively the same thing. You do know this...right? Press and hold Power and Volume Down, which will first take a screen shot but after about 10 seconds, the motherboard actually interrupts all power to the board and then reconnects it, essentially doing a battery pull. Given this, if CWM (or CWM Touch) is set to default boot you can get to Recovery by doing a simbattpull.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yes knew about the hard reset, was not sure if CWM worked in the same way where it would see that and boot in recovery. Good to know.