ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

How to kill Download auto-shortcuts?

I download an app and it automatically places a shortcut on a home screen. I don't want that; I want to go through my downloads at my leisure and decide whether I want shortcuts or not. I do a power downloading session (especially from google play on my pc), go to my phone and I've got shortcuts everywhere! :disappointed: I HAVE CONTROL ISSUES! LOL

I download an app and it automatically places a shortcut on a home screen. I don't want that; I want to go through my downloads at my leisure and decide whether I want shortcuts or not. I do a power downloading session (especially from google play on my pc), go to my phone and I've got shortcuts everywhere! :disappointed: I HAVE CONTROL ISSUES! LOL

Hell hath no fury like a woman with control issues LOL :p

I find that rather annoying too. I use "Desktop Visualizer" to make custom icons and shortcuts. You can even edit the names of the icons and shortcuts. :)

Open the "Play Store" on your phone. Tap the "Menu" button, then "Settings" and uncheck the "Auto-Add to Home Screen" box ... problem solved. :icon_ banana:

Last edited:
I use "power controls" from the market. It's free and there are NO ADDS!!!! It resides in the notification bar and you can change up to 8 different icons on it. It will do what you want plus it has a good flashlight icon. :icon_ banana:

THANX! Will check it out :smile:

Hell hath no fury like a woman with control issues LOL :p

You heard that right! :tongue:

I find that rather annoying too. I use "Desktop Visualizer" to make custom icons and shortcuts. You can even edit the names of the icons and shortcuts. :)
Open the "Play Store" on your phone. Tap the "Menu" button, then "Settings" and uncheck the "Auto-Add to Home Screen" box ... problem solved. :icon_ banana:

D'oh! :wacko:

Quick scroll to end of Widgets

So, of course I'm installing a kajillion new apps to play with on ICS. However, my widget list is getting way to long and I fear I'll develop "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" from having to flick 20 or 30 times to scroll through to the end! :icon_ cry:I've looked around out there and haven't found any mention of this. Am I the only "terminally unique" one out there? Or just the laziest! :tongue:

So, of course I'm installing a kajillion new apps to play with on ICS. However, my widget list is getting way to long and I fear I'll develop "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" from having to flick 20 or 30 times to scroll through to the end! :icon_ cry:I've looked around out there and haven't found any mention of this. Am I the only "terminally unique" one out there? Or just the laziest! :tongue:

Both LOL :p

Well, thank you for the clarification! At least now I know why! :p

btw, I'm surprised at you! None of your usual way cool 3rd party app suggestions for "this" dilemma (as opposed to my "other" dilemmas)? :blink:

Oh, and I forgot to ask (since I'm in Widget "control" mode). :icon_rolleyes: Is there a way to get rid of Widgets I no longer need or never wanted in the first place? Hmmm...that might even go a long way to solving my "scroll" issue.

Last edited:
Well, thank you for the clarification! At least now I know why! :p

btw, I'm surprised at you! None of your usual way cool 3rd party app suggestions for "this" dilemma (as opposed to my "other" dilemmas)? :blink:

Oh, and I forgot to ask (since I'm in Widget "control" mode). :icon_rolleyes: Is there a way to get rid of Widgets I no longer need or never wanted in the first place? Hmmm...that might even go a long way to solving my "scroll" issue.

There are some things even *I* haven't figured out ... I've only had ICS for about a week. Has anyone ever told you that you have control issues? :p

FlorIdaho Chris said:
Does anyone know how to re-order your favorites? In the phone select "favorites" and they show up six photos to a screen. By default they are in alphabetical order. I would like to change the order.

When you open it (slide down) tap the "settings" icon at the top right. The only option is exactly what you're looking for, contact order. Hope this helps

bruben7886 said:
When you open it (slide down) tap the "settings" icon at the top right. The only option is exactly what you're looking for, contact order. Hope this helps

I think he means in the People app. I can't find a way to change order on that screen either.

Tracey4 said:
I think he means in the People app. I can't find a way to change order on that screen either.

See that upon re-reading. I'll punish myself severely as soon as I'm done posting this :)

Easter egg?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Probably the same type of easter egg that each version of Android always has: Settings -> About phone -> tap Android version several times quickly.

There are some things even *I* haven't figured out ... I've only had ICS for about a week. Has anyone ever told you that you have control issues? :p

Umm....yeah, you did! :tongue::tongue:

Back