Installation of Sourcery 2.2

buellboy9

Reaction score
I'm far from an expert here but... you DID do a "Factory Reset" before flashing the three files, right?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
wipe data and cache?

Downloaded the 3 files, flashed all 3 from CW. Now im Stuck in a sourcery rom bootloader, The magic 2.0 continues lol. whats up

actually the magic was discontinued.
But it does still pull a rabbit occasionally. :)
it works as it is stated if its not working for you maybe your holding it wrong...oh wait thats an iphone yeah just try wiping data and cache. also it will take a while to boot the first time. up to 4 minutes sometimes.

dfalcon217

Reaction score
I'm far from an expert here but... you DID do a "Factory Reset" before flashing the three files, right?

Downloaded the 3 files, flashed all 3 from CW. Now im Stuck in a sourcery rom bootloader, The magic 2.0 continues lol. whats up

actually the magic was discontinued.
But it does still pull a rabbit occasionally. :)
it works as it is stated if its not working for you maybe your holding it wrong...oh wait thats an iphone yeah just try wiping data and cache. also it will take a while to boot the first time. up to 4 minutes sometimes.

of course I wiped...the second time DOH! haha thanks guys all appears to be good.

otter34

Reaction score
is there a way to change the call history screen preferences so that it shows exactly how long it's been since I made or received a call? I can't seem to figure it out if so.

Thanks and I'm glad to back on froyo!

dfalcon217

Reaction score
glad you got it going.

22 do spaces count :)

Now is the task of figuring out how to use it and set everything up. There some kind of a sticky somewheres about using Sourcery? I keep getting two notification sounds for every email. The sound I choose as well as the default Sourcery sound.

otter34

Reaction score
I can't seem to change my email alert. I get the annoying whistle and in fact now I'm getting two different alerts. I changed to "simple high" and got that alert along w/ the annoying default sound. I have 2 emails and changed the settings for both so that they have, "simple high" but that didn't help

dfalcon217

Reaction score
I can't seem to change my email alert. I get the annoying whistle and in fact now I'm getting two different alerts. I changed to "simple high" and got that alert along w/ the annoying default sound. I have 2 emails and changed the settings for both so that they have, "simple high" but that didn't help

*elbows*, you got an extra paddle. Im in the same boat

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
there are 2

that is why you hear 2. this was a choice its just been a while since this was released so hard to find it now. just dlete the gmail notifier and you have your normal stuff.

for the call log it may not show up due to the back grounds in setting you can remove the back grounds. under magic commands.
also in alternate apps you have 3 different phone apps. so maybe one of them will do what you want.

the original sourcery is the sourcery blue theme.
this version is mainley stock apps for everything with a couple graphical modifications. but mostly pure froyo 2.2.2 so it may not have some of the features other roms have by default.
check out the alternate apps and see if they have what your looking for.
this rom is not being deveolped anymore so some apps are older than whats out and since some are themed you may have to remove the app before updating. but you can do this with root explorer many apps are avaialable to remove through the additional apps settings within the rom.
when this rom wsa in force everything wsa kept updated and the alternate apps and all were changed frequetnly.
you can also remove the sourcery updater and the notification apps since those aer not being used any longer.
dont removbe the sourcery settings apk or you will lose a lot of the settings changes.
make sure to look through the settings everywhere there is a lot there.

remember you must have usb debugging on for many features to work.
if you look through settings and say i have seen all this in other roms than you didnt look deep enough i quarentee you will find stuff that you have never seen before.
Its fun to play. if its not your cup of tea thats cool too at least it gives you a couple days of soemthing different but i can tell you that it is stable .

have fun.

dfalcon217

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, i did delete the gmail notifier already i=n im still getting the double notification. i havent been able to delete the airmail or the generic email app. those are the only others i thought it could be. thanks again

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
hmm

the double notification is definatley caused by the gmail notifier
wierd another thing you could do is delete those apps from the zip file prior ot install.
other than that.
when i delete the gamil notification app the double goes away
check out the led notifier app maybe that makes sounds also.
the 2.2 rom was being worked on and was pretty much ready for release but was not released before production stopped it was finished up by glfam but should work as i am stating since thats what i have done.

chizzle come oon man your the expert here :)