Inverted 2.3.6 Market

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did the whole inversion myself and like ecsnead does, I made it say Black Market.. I used his chromed out buttons and menu icons, but the rest of the icons are my own.. so I give him the credits since Blacked Out is his theme.. I have the texts just pointing to the primary and secondary TextColors on the ROM so whatever color your's are, is the color the market text will be.. as you can see on my screen shots, mine is set to red from my MURDER theme.. but on a stock colored rom, it will be white text... this is version 2.3.6 and Vending has been a slight issue with getting them to install and stick so as always, make a back up before flashing.. Try uninstalling updates on market before flashing, too. Some people recommened freezing the market update apk with TiBu but i didn't and it worked fine and hasn't reverted. I flashed this one over 2.3.4, then I also (4 times now) have flashed a new one over 2.3.6 and it applies and sticks.. Look for "Black Market" in your app drawer, not Market. If you have any issues with it not showing up or reverting, use Stetsonaw's guide in his sig... but I haven't had any issues so far so Enjoy!... I'll release themed ones for my themes soon.. This one is just an inverted one but looks pretty clean IMO... I also used his updater script so this is basically a tribute to him until he gets his version released.. at that point, I'll rename mine and change a few things.... check out his section for a bunch of other Blacked Out apps.... I talked to ecsnead and he said keep it Black Market so thanks man!... also, I added a new one that has the highlights in the header (RED in my screenshot) pointing to the system text colors so if you have a different colored theme on that has different colored system text (like the settings menu) then your highlights will be themed to those colors instead.. no need to find a different market..The header text and app texts are the same way... the menu icons aren't gonna be themed though to match any theme.. that's the only downfall.. Enjoy!

http://bit.ly/BlackedOut236Market Version 3 -FLASH LIKE A THEME

CAP201104161122.jpg
CAP201104161123.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://bit.ly/BlackedOut236MarketV4 Version 4 - DARK CHOCOLATE - Flash like a theme

CAP201104171402.jpg
CAP201104171403.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://bit.ly/AllBlackMarket All Blacked Out with system highlights - download link (flash like a theme)

CAP201104262318.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://bit.ly/KameleonBlackMarketD1Buttons Kameleon Series Black Market Droid 1 - Self themes according to the system text colors (settings menu text color) and uses system buttons instead of Vending.apk buttons.. when used with my themes it looks sick! flash in recovery or rom manager

http://bit.ly/KameleonBlackMarketDXButtons Kameleon Series Black Market Droid X - Self themes according to the system text colors (settings menu text color) and uses system buttons instead of Vending.apk buttons.. when used with my themes it looks sick! - flash in recovery

CAP201107111510.jpg
CAP201107111517.jpg
CAP201107111536.jpg
CAP201107100947.jpg
CAP201107011819.jpg
CAP201107011527.jpg
CAP201105032125.jpg

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP has Dark Chocolate Version

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP updated with a new style... :D

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks... lol... lots of downloads but no posts so I wasn't sure... :)

Sent from an unfortunate butt-dial

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah...no feedback is a killer - I'll be flashing one when I get to my D1 but the screenshots speak for themselves :wink:

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha... yeah I hate that... lol. But I guess no comments is good comments... the 3rd one is my favorite since it self themes with the system text color.... :D

Sent from an unfortunate butt-dial

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I know I posted this in Snead's thread, but this Market works on PEv6 to anyone wondering. lol

Great work B-Boy!
dancedroid

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks...:) .... I'm just glad ya finally got it to work... :D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A little over a month a these 3 versions have 300+ downloads! !... plus my other themed black markets make it 700+ altogether! !... thanks everyone for supporting my work..... :D

Sent from a floating box in the ocean

Reaction score
I can't get it to install on my liberated Droid x what am I doin wrong

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Contact the user "mobile_Sensai" cause I don't know the dx... I think ya gotta mount system first but honestly I dunno... plus the update scripts are different from d1 to dx and mobile sensai made a themed market so he can prob help ya out there..... sorry tho

Sent from Chevy's attic....

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cool bro... hope it works out good for ya... Vending.Apk has had its issues with not applying but I tested it on gpa15 and it worked fine.... the only gb rom that gave me issues was CM7.... but uninstalling market updates fixed it.... there's also a black gmail,facebook,etc. .. and I made a blacked out calculator for my themes....

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Cool bro... hope it works out good for ya... Vending.Apk has had its issues with not applying but I tested it on gpa15 and it worked fine.... the only gb rom that gave me issues was CM7.... but uninstalling market updates fixed it.... there's also a black gmail,facebook,etc. .. and I made a blacked out calculator for my themes....

Didn't work, i should have remembered you are working with Gingerbread lol i'm on Froyo until Pete gets the voice to text back to keyboard and some keyboard issues fixed in GPA15. Is that the rom you were are using as well or something else?