Is your Droid x still kicking?

musclemilk

Reaction score
I still have my muiu ics .....unfortunately its slowly starting to slow down big time.

What are you all doing with your x?

DyMiC

Reaction score
Still using my Droid X to this day, and I love it. Still the best phone I've had. I sold my crappy Thunderbolt and went back to my X. I can do without 4G for now.

Currently running MIUI DefX 2012.5.12.... And it's smooth as butter. I liked the ICS, but it's still too buggy yet. But my X is running crystal clear, fast, and no crashes. I love it.dancedroid

runner4life

Reaction score
you know it!! running steel DROID of course. couple issues but Chevy always working on them it seems for us.

xccell

Reaction score
I'm still kicking with my droid X. Had it since 2010. I am trying out the Liquid ICS v1.6 rom. Had to iron out some wrinkles but it is running pretty goods now. Battery life is still average but everything runs faster and smooth. Very happy with it so far.

Sent from Droid X Liquid ICS v1.6 powered.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My DROIDX is still alive and kicking..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

BaSHa

Reaction score
We had two DX one died due to black spots on the screen, the other is still being used daily!

jpsil

Reaction score
I still have mine, runs like a champ with Liquid ICS; don't plan on getting a new phone until the next nexus comes out, maybe not even until then. I still want my unlimited data and am saving for a car, so I can't go all out for a phone. dancedroid

planejumper73

Reaction score
I'm still using my Droid X, but the screen is having problems. It's flashing and occasionally goes black. Anyone know where I can find a replacement screen with instructions on how to replace it? I've worked on phones before, so it won't be new, just never on my DX.

clueless77

Reaction score
Still using mine daily. Still running the last CM7 built on GB kernel. But waiting for December for Nexus or S3. My X is slowing down.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
planejumper73 said:
I'm still using my Droid X, but the screen is having problems. It's flashing and occasionally goes black. Anyone know where I can find a replacement screen with instructions on how to replace it? I've worked on phones before, so it won't be new, just never on my DX.

Try ebay or Google for parts and YouTube for instructions. taking the dx apart is actually easy.... with the right tools.

planejumper73

Reaction score
Try ebay or Google for parts and YouTube for instructions. taking the dx apart is actually easy.... with the right tools.

Can you tell me which Torx I need? I've seen 2 of the screens on eBay with 2 different sets of T screwdrivers. One had a T-3 and T-4, the other had a T-5 and T-6.

en28so

Reaction score
Mine still is! I Thanks to liquid and ICS now with full HWA! I have dropped it like 20 times and it still works great. I love my unlimited 3g too.

clueless77

Reaction score
planejumper73 said:
Can you tell me which Torx I need? I've seen 2 of the screens on eBay with 2 different sets of T screwdrivers. One had a T-3 and T-4, the other had a T-5 and T-6.

If you never found out, if I remember correctly from taking mine apart, you'll need a T-5 and T-4.

cojulun

Reaction score

or you can use a slotted 3/64" Jewelers screwdriver - like the kind for screwing screws in eyeglasses and sunglasses. Taking mine apart now to fix the broken "cold solder" connection for wi-fi and gps - that has been not working for over a year. Lousy design, Motorola engineers. Hoping Google oversight will provide better attention to consumer/user interface and experience.

planejumper73

Reaction score
or you can use a slotted 3/64" Jewelers screwdriver - like the kind for screwing screws in eyeglasses and sunglasses. Taking mine apart now to fix the broken "cold solder" connection for wi-fi and gps - that has been not working for over a year. Lousy design, Motorola engineers. Hoping Google oversight will provide better attention to consumer/user interface and experience.

Thanks for you input. The screen has pretty much completely died, so I just ordered a new phone from Let's Talk. It should be here the middle of next week. I'm thinking that now I might get the screen replace and use it for an mp3 player. I love the X, just felt it was time to upgrade.