Issue with wired earphones and handset mic

1stTB

Reaction score
Hi Team,

I've come across an issue where the phone is plugged in with earbuds (with no mic) and i usually talk straight to the phone, but the other caller cannot hear me.

I've also tried hooking up the TB to my car aux jack and make a call, I can hear them through the speakers but they cannot hear me thru the handset .

Has anyone encountered this issue? this to me is a major drawback and almost a deal breaker for me.

thanks guys

That sucks if the speaker is inactive when connected to car stereo aux jack.
How do they expect you to handle phone calls that come in while using it in nav mode in the car dock?

Yes I have had this issue with my auxiliary cord in the car. I am so used to the Droid X handling both its been very frustrating that they would disable the mic. Also when I'm listening to music on my headphones and I answer the same thing they can't hear me. I'm surprised more ppl have not complained about this issue..hopefully a fix will come with a software update.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

I too find this extremely frustrating

sent from tunda bow

Same Problem

:reddroid:I replaced my phone becuase i thought it was the phone itself but same problem...

Is there a setting?

Extermely frustrating becuase I drive alot and i talk while walking.

No. HTC designed it that way (why, I'll never guess). Hope they fix that with their first software patch.

I also tried this and it didn't work. Very dumb and makes no sense to me. Especially with all the drive towards hands free driving. I hope they fix this issue!

I was on the HTC website and they did this on purpose!!!!!!! SO DUMB SO DUMB

I finally got around to testing this today. I attached the tbolt to my car stereo's aux input jack via an audio cable. The cable does not have a microphone in it.
The icon that showed up on the status bar show the headphones without the microphone. I called my wife and she was able to hear me, obviously through the tbolt's microphone, and I could hear her through the car speakers.
I am using Das Bamf 1.5 rom. It's possible that the stock rom doesn't do this properly, but it works as it should using the bamf rom.

I have the same issue...at the gym listening to Pandora....call comes in...I can answer it and hear them...but they can't hear me. Sux

I finally got around to testing this today. I attached the tbolt to my car stereo's aux input jack via an audio cable. The cable does not have a microphone in it.
The icon that showed up on the status bar show the headphones without the microphone. I called my wife and she was able to hear me, obviously through the tbolt's microphone, and I could hear her through the car speakers.
I am using Das Bamf 1.5 rom. It's possible that the stock rom doesn't do this properly, but it works as it should using the bamf rom.

Undoubtedly a software gaff in the stock ROM. Sure hope they fix it soon!

Wired Earbud Microphone problem with Droid 2 Global

I tried four (4) different top-of-the-line wired earbud style heaphones, ranging in price from $100 to $180 (3 at best buy, 1 at Verizon store) with my phone.

The wired headphone microphone, and the wired headphone ANSWER button feature, didn't work with my new Droid 2 Global phone, for ANY of those four headphones. The mute button was not on. Tried a Factory Reset of the phone, didn't help. Tried the headphones with several other smart phones in the Verizon store, for some of them the microphone worked, and for others it didn't.

Verizon guys said "that's really wierd", which is indeed true. They ordered me a new phone under warranty, expected to arrive in a few days.

I hope this is fixed soon. I just bought the ibeats with Control Talk and the mic does not work.

Yeah, this is retarded. My iPhone friends do this all the time while listening to music, just hold the phone up to their mouthes when using a headset if a call comes in. I did that with my Droid 1 too. But the HTC Thunderbolt cuts off all sound unless you're using a speakerphone headset. :/

Problem Solved

And, the trick is to making a wired headphone's microphone work with a Droid 2 is... drumroll please...

... click on "Speakerphone". Even though the headphones are plugged in, the phone needs to you active Speakerphone mode, to know to listen to the headphone's microphone.

Back