Solved Issues powering on Droid Turbo

Hippopotamouse

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Okay, so this morning I went to look at my phone and it wasn't powered on. I thought maybe I hadn't plugged it in, wrong. It was plugged in all night.
Maybe it had a bad connection? Possibly, however I should still see it start charging when I plug it in with a different charger. Nothing happened though.
Tried turning the phone on several times and got nothing. The phone itself was very warm, like I had been using it while charging, but I'd only just woken up so obviously I hadn't been using it.

Anyway, I finally got it to turn on via a soft restart (pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds). However I want to know what could have caused this and if I should be worried about it happening in the future?

Welcome to the forum!

It's hard to say exactly what caused that to happen. Probably an app gone rogue overheated the phone and caused it to shut down. I would recommend clearing the app cache in Settings > Storage > Internal > Cached Data. The reboot and clear the system cache. No user data is deleted, it's a non destructive process, instructions are here:

ms102367 - Motorola Support

Then tonight before bed recalibrate the phone battery. To do that hold the power button until the phone starts to reboot, usually 10 - 20 seconds. Then plug it into the original factory charger and leave it plugged in all night while you sleep. Once plugged in and charged to 100% after 30 minutes in the charger at 100% the system will recalibrate the battery meter.

Hopefully this was just a in time glitch and all will be fine.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'll try all of that tonight!

Back