JB might be closer than we think..and it may be 4.1!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offense, but until it happens, Droid Life is just trolling for readers.

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
No offense, but until it happens, Droid Life is just trolling for readers.

Not really.. they are just reporting what they were told by a guy who went to order a GSM Nexus on Play. That's where they got the screen shot.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah we may have a jellybean rom before the droid 4 and bionic gets ics.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bulk-cocktail-flavored-jelly-beans-500.jpg

Reaction score
google is fragmenting itself WAY too much. most phones are still on honycomb or even froyo still. ICS just came out, and most apps don't even work properly with it yet, now there's 'jellybean'?? :icon_eek:

i think i'm switching back to iphone for my next upgrade. tired of buggy android phones.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
No phones run Honeycomb and I've run into very very few apps that don't work on ICS. Most phones are still on Gingerbread and it's been a little slow in moving to ICS but that looks to be changing very soon with many devices schedule for or are already receiving ICS.

Jellybean is only OS 4.1 (coming from ICS 4.0). Not really a huge jump, just enough to give it a new name....kind of like Froyo (2.2) became Gingerbread (2.3). Now we have ICS (4.0) becoming Jellybean (4.1).

The migration from 4.0 to 4.1 won't be near the jump 2.3 was to 4.0.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
google is fragmenting itself WAY too much. most phones are still on honycomb or even froyo still. ICS just came out, and most apps don't even work properly with it yet, now there's 'jellybean'?? :icon_eek:

i think i'm switching back to iphone for my next upgrade. tired of buggy android phones.

Google or the oems. Remember ics was released last November. The oems and carriers dragging their feet so they can sell another device is a large reason for fragmentation. Google should not have to stop improving software because the carrier or OEM want to hold out on an update so the next feature phone has new software that will get people to buy the next hot phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Google or the oems. Remember ics was released last November. The oems and carriers dragging their feet so they can sell another device is a large reason for fragmentation. Google should not have to stop improving software because the carrier or OEM want to hold out on an update so the next feature phone has new software that will get people to buy the next hot phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

"But even specific baby steps are better than the vague promises Google has previously made to reduce fragmentation."

Google Takes a Step Toward Fighting Android Fragmentation | PCWorld

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
You mean most are on android 2.3 os gingerbread and a few on honeycomb

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2