Jelly Bean

dan262

Reaction score
If anybody finds a download link for the "official" .zip file of the Jelly Bean upgrade for the RAZR M, post it! I haven't seen anything yet.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Haven't gotten anything yet... On the east coast, central Pennsylvania

Sent from my Motorola RazrM using Droid Forums

cubsfan2113

Reaction score
dan262 said:
If anybody finds a download link for the "official" .zip file of the Jelly Bean upgrade for the RAZR M, post it! I haven't seen anything yet.

2nd that. The leak has been flawless for me, but I'm not sure if the leaked version will allow further updates in the future or not, so going to the official one may be a good idea.

Sent from RAZR M running Jelly Bean

sweenbeen

Reaction score
SteveIrv said:
Kidding right??

That link takes you to a file that's the same as I've already got on my phone and it's ICS 4.0.4

First 2 digits of the ICS version is 77, first 2 digits of the JB version is 98.

My wife's razr m got JB pushed to it on Friday night, I haven't been able to force the update on mine.

I agree... See version #

ForumRunner_20121112_193830.png

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not kidding...

The updates include the *prior* version number in the filename.

Sent from my S3 using Forum Runner

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Not kidding...

The updates include the *prior* version number in the filename.

Sent from my S3 using Forum Runner

Hmmm...the file that got pushed to my wife's phone OTA on friday night was just called update.zip

And I see the file sitting on her phone's sd car LOL.......oh damn. Oh crap I'll just wait for it to show up OTA.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Hmmm...the file that got pushed to my wife's phone OTA on friday night was just called update.zip

And I see the file sitting on her phone's sd car LOL.......oh damn. Oh crap I'll just wait for it to show up OTA.

FYI OTA updates aren't pushed to the sdcard, they are pushed to /cache and are automatically deleted after installed. Motorola also names the OTA update the same name as the current system, not what they will be updated to.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Well for me it doesn't matter what the update was labeled... It pushed to me this morning... Before I got to updating by the official update.

ForumRunner_20121113_074202.png

Thanks all!

bmetelsky

Reaction score
The official rollout started last night. Lots of folks should be getting it now....

lwags67

Reaction score
Got notice just now that update available - Houston. Charging up phone first. Yeah.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
FYI OTA updates aren't pushed to the sdcard, they are pushed to /cache and are automatically deleted after installed. Motorola also names the OTA update the same name as the current system, not what they will be updated to.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Would the place ANY file is saved on your phone be somewhat dependent on how you have your phone configed to save stuff and where???

Seemed "strange" to me that an update file would be named (on a website) the same as the version it was replaicng...with instructions to rename the file to "update.zip" once you downloaded it to your phone.

The "Update.zip" file on the sd card of my wife's phone had the proper date/time stamp to indicate it had arrived when I saw it arrive.