Keep freezing up

joetdc

Reaction score
My Razr keep freezing up and giving me this message.

Activity home screen (in application home screen) is not responding.

I have only had the phone 2 months and this is the third time it's happened. All Verizon keeps telling me is to do a factory reset. That is a pain in the ass. I lose all my text and have to reinstall my applications. My browser seems to work but is sluggish.

Please respond in layman's terms with no abbreviations as I am not that android experienced.

Thanks

My Razr keep freezing up and giving me this message.

Activity home screen (in application home screen) is not responding.

I have only had the phone 2 months and this is the third time it's happened. All Verizon keeps telling me is to do a factory reset. That is a pain in the ass. I lose all my text and have to reinstall my applications. My browser seems to work but is sluggish.

Please respond in layman's terms with no abbreviations as I am not that android experienced.

Thanks
try going into settings/applications/all

scroll down to Homescreen and clear data/ force stop. Reboot and see if it solves the problem

That seems to have worked. It would not reboot. Then I hit power + volume down and after about 10 minutes it booted up. It wiped all my shortcuts off the screen but everything else seems to be there. Thanks a bunch! Much better than factory reset.
What caused this and how can I prevent this in the future? I have tried advanced task killer but that has never worked on any of my phones. I kill everything and two seconds later there are a bunch of applications running. Half of them I don't even use so I don't know what they are open.

Back