Kernels

DavidM.

Reaction score
I know the P3Droid and chevy kernels are recommended but what kernels do you guys use? Getting your opinions so I can get a good one.

Swyped from my supercharged droid concept using DroidForums

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know the P3Droid and chevy kernels are recommended but what kernels do you guys use? Getting your opinions so I can get a good one.

P3 LV 1.1Ghz

OP
D

DavidM.

Reaction score
Have you tried any of chevy's? If so, how does P3 compare? What do you like about the P3 kernels?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried any of chevy's? If so, how does P3 compare? What do you like about the P3 kernels?

I love Chevy Kernels. I have used them almost exclusively on every ROM I've had. That being said, on my phone with this ROM they ran hotter than I liked.

The P3 stays cool and feels snappier than the Chevy.

For speed/snappiness/coolness I haven't found one that I (or rather my phone) likes better than the P3

OP
D

DavidM.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I'll have to give them a try and see how they work on mine.

markc23

Reaction score
I've been using Chevy's but just switched to a Sapphire 1g lv and it seems cooler and snappier. Checking battery usage shows minimal android OS and Android System usage. We'll see later when I try navigation in the car. Got up to 122 degrees today, in the sun of course, using Chevy 1g lv.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I've kind of been taking a liking to CorCors version 3 models too...those are very nice.