Kitkat 4.4.2 rolling out for Verizon

nri1998

Reaction score
I just received update notification for Kitkat 4.4.2 when I checked manually under settings. I am with Verizon and I live in Chicago suburbs. I am NOT part of the soak test. The file size is around 157 MB.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
NO...I am NOT doing this this time...NO...

Ahhhhhh...too late....

settings > about phone > Check for Updates....DOH! "Your device's software is up to date." Lemme check again.......

LOL

Scott0719

Reaction score
I'm with IIGood on this. I'm gonna drive myself nuts checking /waiting for the update. It's a sickness for sure! Lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Snoking

Reaction score
I am not seeing that big of difference. Go have a beer and relax, and reflect on what they have done to us. There has to be something important going on in your life. Chris

dasanman69

Reaction score
I just received update notification for Kitkat 4.4.2 when I checked manually under settings. I am with Verizon and I live in Chicago suburbs. I am NOT part of the soak test. The file size is around 157 MB.

Lucky you.

Snoking

Reaction score
Someone explain what kind of exciting new features I should test and report on. I have played with the camera a bit.

Chris

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
From what I read 4.4.2 focuses on things behind the scenes so to speak. It addresses battery issues some were having with the 4.4 update and minor bug fixes. Most users won't notice a huge difference. It's just the "thrill" of being on the latest and "greatest" Android version.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Yeah, I haven't actually been like that with this phone. I did just receive it over the weekend so I don't actually anticipate seeing the update for a while anyway. I did see the list of improvements on VZW's site and it appears to be mostly under-the-hood type stuff...which is cool, especially if it's improving the (already excellent) battery life. The device, to me, already seems pretty loaded up with neat features so I couldn't imagine any other huge "gotta have it" feature coming to the phone.

Snoking

Reaction score
Battery life? Look at my screen time yesterday after getting 4.4.2. Chris

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've had much better battery on this than the Galaxy Nexus I just had...

FryFTW

Reaction score
tyqe9ume.jpg
What happened to this battery life man?