Lagging!!

needadroid

Reaction score
Is anyone else's phone lagging like A LOT?????!!!!! Idk what to do... is it b/c I have almost 4 GB of memory left???

geekabilly

Reaction score
In a word: yes. Just got the phone new a week ago, upgraded to 4.1.2 & rooted, but have not unlocked the bootloader yet. Still using stock launcher. Lag is occurring within apps as well as on the home screens -- really weird for a phone that has only been running for this short a period of time.

UPDATE: I went into stock recovery & cleared cache partition & things are all better, try it!

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
In a word: yes. Just got the phone new a week ago, upgraded to 4.1.2 & rooted, but have not unlocked the bootloader yet. Still using stock launcher. Lag is occurring within apps as well as on the home screens -- really weird for a phone that has only been running for this short a period of time.

UPDATE: I went into stock recovery & cleared cache partition & things are all better, try it!

How do you go to stock recovery on the DRMHD?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Turn the phone off.
Hold power + volume up + volume down until you see a black screen with white letters.
Use volume down to scroll to recovery
Press volume up
At the dead android hold volume down and tap volume up
Scroll with volume and select with power.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ambrown

Reaction score
I found this little gem:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grilledmonkey.lagfix

It's a great app that always makes my phone run more smoothly. You do need to be rooted, but otherwise it's as simple as pressing a button. No restart needed.

It's essentially fstrim. Which is a Linux application used to trim the cache of the OS. Android does this on its own, but the processor cache doesn't get trimmed automatically. This app trims everything though making everything run more smoothly. I'm on the free version, but the paid version can automatically schedule trimming. I'd say you wouldn't need to do it more than once a day at most, but it seems to work instantly for me when I do use it.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I found this little gem:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grilledmonkey.lagfix

It's a great app that always makes my phone run more smoothly. You do need to be rooted, but otherwise it's as simple as pressing a button. No restart needed.

It's essentially fstrim. Which is a Linux application used to trim the cache of the OS. Android does this on its own, but the processor cache doesn't get trimmed automatically. This app trims everything though making everything run more smoothly. I'm on the free version, but the paid version can automatically schedule trimming. I'd say you wouldn't need to do it more than once a day at most, but it seems to work instantly for me when I do use it.

It states you need to be rooted to use it....

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Is anyone else's phone lagging like A LOT?????!!!!! Idk what to do... is it b/c I have almost 4 GB of memory left???

My phone lags too, really annoying when I am trying to dial a phone number and it does it. The fact is due to the hardware, especially the fact the phone only has 1GB of RAM doesnt help....

akhi216

Reaction score
My phone lags too, really annoying when I am trying to dial a phone number and it does it. The fact is due to the hardware, especially the fact the phone only has 1GB of RAM doesnt help....

It doesn't need more than 1GB of RAM. Only phones with heavy skins or quadcore processors need 2GB of RAM, case in point, the HTC DNA, it has HTC Bloat...er Sense, a quadcore processor, and 2GB of RAM but it lags more than phones that still stuck on Gingerbread.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Mine isn't laggy as of now. Running Nova Prime Launcher. Certainly not laggy when making phone calls. Have you tried a different launcher, Jimmy? Have you disabled all the bloat apps that you can?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There are all kinds of reasons for a phone to lag.
1. too many active widgets
2. too many installations and on installations of software that left junk behind
3. antivirus software that isn't keeping you informed of when it's scanning in the background
4. frequent checking of mail or weather updates
5. low disk space
6. and more.

Solutions, root and ROM, or factory data reset. However, nothing here will help an old phone. It's the same thing that's going to happen at some point with an old computer. Eventually you'll need to replace it.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
There are all kinds of reasons for a phone to lag.
1. too many active widgets
2. too many installations and on installations of software that left junk behind
3. antivirus software that isn't keeping you informed of when it's scanning in the background
4. frequent checking of mail or weather updates
5. low disk space
6. and more.

Solutions, root and ROM, or factory data reset. However, nothing here will help an old phone. It's the same thing that's going to happen at some point with an old computer. Eventually you'll need to replace it.

I have none of those listed, furthermore, why root my phone? Thought the whole purpose of Android over iOS was the fact you could do more. Apparently, they are slowly but surely taking that freedom away.

I remember playing with Android 1.6! You could do ANYTHING on that, then I remember 2.2, very very customization friendly. Even 2.3.

NOW, it seems they have tied up a lot more features, hence all of this rooting, which is equivalent to the iOS "Jailbreak". The annoying part is I went with this Droid thinking 4.0 and 4.1 would be similar to older versions, but they are not. Hell, FLASH isnt even natively supported anymore ?????????????????????

I dunno, loved the phone at first, but slowly but surely missing my "dumb phone", and before anyone asks, why did I get this phone, was I waaaay due for an upgrade, and wanted something "smarter" like the GPS and Google Now, etc... but weighing out the $30 extra a month and below par phone thats easily breakable vs. a phone that just was for calls and txting and didnt care if it broke... the dumb phone slightly comes out on top.

I'll see how much I can get for it online, maybe just switch back to old Env Touch.