Large Compilation List of Android Devices that Have or Will Have Android 4.0/ICS

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-ice-cream-sandwich-looming-large.jpg

How many of you folks out in the wilds of Android-land are rockin' with Ice Cream Sandwich? A better question might be, how many devices are sporting the new OS? Or, an even better one... what devices are supposed to be getting ICS sometime soon? Engadget did a great job of compiling a list that answers the last two questions. We are sharing it here with you. Only you can answer the first question by sounding off in the forums if you already have ICS.

Here's the list: (This list is definitely not 100% exhaustive as it doesn't include some of the lesser known brands like Ainol, ZTE, etc., but it represents the biggest or most notable manufacturers at the moment.)

Samsung-ICS-list.png

HTC-ICS-list.png

Sony-ICS-list.png

Motorola-ICS-list.png

LG-ICS-list.png

MISC-ICS-list.png

Source: Engadget

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Pretty obvious of which companies are trying and which aren't. I am so never buying a Moto phone again.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
The contract on my bionic will be up soon and i will own the nexus , so at the rate this roll out is going i doubt i will see ICS on the bionic before then. I have been running a custom rom with ICS for sometime but i always loose data.:blink:

Reaction score
Is anyone else a little peeved by the lack of updates for Samsung VZW devices? What about the three non-nexus devices they released to verizon in the past year? No love? What gives sammy?! (Kind of happy I jumped onto the T-Bolt)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I still don't understand why the D3 isn't slated for ICE. Its the same as the Bionic minus LTD. Oh well.....it is what it is :(

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

jayman350

Reaction score
I still don't understand why the D3 isn't slated for ICE. Its the same as the Bionic minus LTD. Oh well.....it is what it is :(

I thought that the D4 and Bionic were the same not the D3? I thought that the Bionic, Razr/MAXX, and D4 were all pretty much the same guts with different form factors.

I have pretty much given up on an official ICS release for the Bionic before I find something new to move on to. Pretty sad b/c the Bionic really could be an awesome device, most of the GB bugs have been worked out by now.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I have a little more patience now waiting for the official ics ota because...

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I thought that the D4 and Bionic were the same not the D3? I thought that the Bionic, Razr/MAXX, and D4 were all pretty much the same guts with different form factors.

I have pretty much given up on an official ICS release for the Bionic before I find something new to move on to. Pretty sad b/c the Bionic really could be an awesome device, most of the GB bugs have been worked out by now.

Razr's and D4 are pretty much the same. The Bionic has the same internals as the D3, but I think it has 1Gb RAM whereas the D3 has 512Mb, and the LTE radio of course.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, have to say I'm surprised the D3 is getting the shaft like that. Motofail. I'm honestly skeptical to look at them even if they release a Nexus, though I guess since they're under Google there may be a push to keep them current on updates. Looks like Sony and HTC are getting it done.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
How in the world did they miss putting the galaxy nexus on the list??? Unless this list only refers to devices upgrading to ics...but still, they could have added it somewhere

themuttt

Reaction score
am I missing something? Xoom 4G is no longer on the upgrade list?

Natey2

Reaction score
At the low end of the spectrum, devices are not upgradeable; you just buy another with the version of Android you want already on it and stick with it for as long as you can. Saves the manufacturer the hassle of getting the updates out, and worrying about compatibility issues.

I guess many higher end devices are going that same route now.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
At the low end of the spectrum, devices are not upgradeable; you just buy another with the version of Android you want already on it and stick with it for as long as you can. Saves the manufacturer the hassle of getting the updates out, and worrying about compatibility issues.

I guess many higher end devices are going that same route now.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

As someone pointed out to me in another thread the newer versions of Android are actually less resource-hungry, so if a device can run Eclair, Froyo, or GB, it can certainly run ICS. It's carriers who aren't rolling out the updates, not google or the manufacturers.

spillner

Reaction score
The fact that the Droid 3 hasen't had one OS update is insulting. At least give us the best version of GB if you're gonna screw us outta ICS. I'm definatley jumping on the next Nexus phone this fall.