Latest Softward Updates

tvs

Reaction score
Are there any new updates now or planned since Android version 2.3.4 or Verizon verison 1.2.280.MB870?
I heard something about Ice Cream Sandwich.

leftspin

Reaction score
I doubt there will be more updates, the X2 isn't going to receive Ice Cream Sandwich and I can't see them releasing any more Gingerbread versions at this point

here is a list of devices that will receive ICS: Ice Cream Sandwich Device List

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
your list is far from accurate you don't even have the motorola droid bionic... other lists show the X2 getting
ICS ...
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

leftspin

Reaction score
your list is far from accurate you don't even have the motorola droid bionic... other lists show the X2 getting
ICS ...
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Didn't make the list, it was just the first one I found. I don't remember seeing the X2 on any other list though

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I don't see us getting ICS. Just my assumption. But there are builds such as 2.3.5, 2.3.6 and 2.3.7. I believe that's it after .7 from my understanding thats as high as GB goes anything after that would be in the 4.x.x or (ICS) But as I stated, I don't believe we will be seeing that. (in my opinion) Would be nice to see if we can get 2.3.5-2.3.7 though. And if anyone can confirm information on the X2 supporting/running on any higher build then 2.3.4 please share and let us know. *off topic kinda* but has anyone seen the latest market version/update? its, 3.3.11 and I gotta say...its pretty smooth and the "my apps" section has been fixed dramaticly. Never get the updating problems for the apps anymore. As well as the uninstalled app issues I've expeirenced are gone. Just thought I'd confirm this with my fellow X2 owners. :)

OP
T

tvs

Reaction score
I guess I'll just wait to see what happens, if anything happens.

OP
T

tvs

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but what is "the latest market version/update? its, 3.3.11 "? Is that something I should/could get and if so, how?
Thanks.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but what is "the latest market version/update? its, 3.3.11 "? Is that something I should/could get and if so, how?
Thanks.

Not at all, that's what these forums are for; Questions. But to be honest, I read that this build is supposed to be pushed out to certain devices so I think, I say "think" because I'm not certain that you just have to wait and check your market every once in awhile to obtain the latest build. I however, Flashed my phone to the 2.3.4 SBF file, Then I did a hard factory reset of clearing cache and then a data/factory wipe, rebooted the phone. I already knew off bat that my market would be the "old-school" version. (white one) and that I would have to update the pre-installed apps. So before even going to my market I turned my wifi on. (as this is the fastest way to update apps) Went to the market. Accepted rights of the old-school version. I then updated all apps real quick. (less then 5 minutes) I then exited the market by pressing back button until I was to the home screen (still on wifi) I then noticed a weird flicker by the market app icon on my homescreen. (the icon had changed and looked totally different) I then pressed it. Accepted the rights again and couldnt really tell the difference until I went to "my apps" and the icons were no longer tiny! They looked noraml size and never changed size while scrolling up and down (which felt WAY smoother) Anyway, I looked at the settings and the build # was 3.3.11. My girlfriends INC2 still hasnt recieved it as well but as I stated, I read it is supposed to be pushed out to certain devices...mine happen to be RIGHT after a series of change. Flash, Hard reset, updated everything and BAM. Litterally after about 30 minutes of activation did I get the newest market. (thought it was strange myself) But back to the OP, ICS? Yes we will have to wait and see...I'm sure this thread will be filled with all sorts of specualtion, guesses and opinions. So just sit back and watch the show unfold I guess...we'll know when everyone is happy and there will be no posts of issue. (pssshhh yeah right, lol.)

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Yes, there will be more updates for the X2. No timeline for when, though.

litetaker

Reaction score
I don't understand why people are so skeptical about Droid X2 getting the ICS update. If you think about it, this phone is about 4 months old, given that it was released in June. And it is a Tegra 2 Dual core phone. So, this qualifies it to be among the top tier phones. So, isn't it natural for it to get the ICS update? It is not very old, it is quite new.

Besides, even Nexus S is getting ICS, which is much older and has a slower processor, so I doubt that we won't get it. Besides, I heard that Gingerbread doesn't utilize the full potential of dual cores on phones, while ICS makes optimizes and takes full advantage of the 2 cores. So, isn't it reasonable for Motorola to release ICS on Droid X2 to unleash its full potential?

By the way, I am curious to know if it is possible for a 4.0 based ROM to be ported on Droid X2 even if it doesn't get it officially.

tamlin42

Reaction score
Personal opinion, X2 will receive ICS.
- Dual Core
- Fairly Recent
- (As I recall) It shares some similarities with the Xoom, which is already confirmed for it.

I saw the link posted where the X2 isn't listed before this thread, and I had a feeling some people would cry doom for any device not on that particular list.
If anyone does have a link to a list the X2 IS on, I would like to see it.

leftspin

Reaction score
Personal opinion, X2 will receive ICS.
- Dual Core
- Fairly Recent
- (As I recall) It shares some similarities with the Xoom, which is already confirmed for it.

I saw the link posted where the X2 isn't listed before this thread, and I had a feeling some people would cry doom for any device not on that particular list.
If anyone does have a link to a list the X2 IS on, I would like to see it.

I've done a bit more research and still haven't found a list that includes the X2. The main reasons I think it won't though are Verizon and Moto discontinued the Droid X line of phones, and there are newer devices that are more heavily promoted. They weren't really behind the X2 very much, it was more of an obligation than a phone they really wanted to make big. With the Bionic, Nexus, Razr and Rezound all recent/on their way I can't see them putting the time and effort in for a phone that was kind of thrown together

technonow

Reaction score
Is this an SBF? Like I can use the RSD Lite Motorola Program I got on my laptop? And running stock 2.3.4 correct? Just want to make sure it aint going to void warrenty and what not. Thanks for the info.

SBF'ing is not needed. As long as you are on stock 2.3.4 you can just flash via the normal Android Recovery method as shown in the link I posted. It's just a 30mb file so it's a pretty minor update.