Latest Softward Updates

Trip3601211

Reaction score
SBF'ing is not needed. As long as you are on stock 2.3.4 you can just flash via the normal Android Recovery method as shown in the link I posted. It's just a 30mb file so it's a pretty minor update.

Android recovery? I'm not sure how to do that. I've been able to flash from 2.2 froyo to 2.3.3 GB and 2.3.4 GB through the flashing utility on my laptop but when I downloaded the above file, I tried dragging it to the utility and it didnt work? Any ideas? Or am I completely doing this wrong? As I stated, I have the 'Motorola' Program call RSD Lite...don't know if thats the program to get this update but that is what I tried. Any help would be truely appreciated. Thanks! :)

motcher41

Reaction score
Android recovery? I'm not sure how to do that. I've been able to flash from 2.2 froyo to 2.3.3 GB and 2.3.4 GB through the flashing utility on my laptop but when I downloaded the above file, I tried dragging it to the utility and it didnt work? Any ideas? Or am I completely doing this wrong? As I stated, I have the 'Motorola' Program call RSD Lite...don't know if thats the program to get this update but that is what I tried. Any help would be truely appreciated. Thanks! :)

Its not a release yet so its hard to say if it would or wouldnt void anything but you can always revert back to 2.3.4 ithlught verizon knowing anything if you sbf

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

densetsu86

Reaction score

To install it :
First download it.
Second rename it to UPDATE.zip
Put it on the sdcard.
Reboot phone and hold volume down till it says fast boot.
Then scoll to recovery by pressing volume down button and the choose it by volume up button.
Then choose update by zip or what ever its wording. Then your done.

ckburks

Reaction score
Any need to wipe data?

tamlin42

Reaction score
I am happy with 2.3.4 so the question is, what does 2.3.5 have to offer? Is it an official release, does it improve anything?

It is not an official release, but it was found on motorola servers.
My personal experience was that it drained the battery in about one day wether I used it or not.
2.3.4 lasts at least 2 days if I don't do anything heavy.
so I flashed back.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Yeah I downloaded it on my laptop but haven't put it on my SD yet. Don't think I'm going to now that you speak of battery issues. Have enough on 2.3.4. My 1930mAh extended battery can get between 1-2 full days. The other day I checked my battery usage and was SO amazed to see 1 day, 23 hours x minutes and x seconds. Was very satisfied how long my battery lasted. If this doesnt become official I see no reason to put it on my phone. I'll bet the next OTA will be either 2.3.6 or 2.3.7. It would be SO nice to see ICS on this phone but I'm not holding my breath. If anyone hears anything on latest builds or leaks for the X2 please post and let us know. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2