Latest Software Update Kills Amazon Music Player

JS4ester

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 VS985
My LG G3 just updated from V. 10B to 11C last night 11/6/2014.
Today I tried to listen to my Amazon Prime Music Player and it crashes every time. I've been using it from day 1 and it only started crashing after the software update.
Anyone else have this problem?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My LG G3 just updated from V. 10B to 11C last night 11/6/2014.
Today I tried to listen to my Amazon Prime Music Player and it crashes every time. I've been using it from day 1 and it only started crashing after the software update.
Anyone else have this problem?
Might sound weird but when Amazon apps get bugs it's usually because of the all inclusive account feature they've introduced. Try clearing the data (settings, apps, Amazon apps, tap clear data) and it'll make it so you have to sign back in, which usually clears up the bug in whichever Amazon app is acting up.
Fwiw, on my Note8 today I updated the Gmail app and Chrome started crashing until I cleared the data from the Gmail app

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

OP
J

JS4ester

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 VS985
Thanks very much. That indeed seem to fix the problem! I'll have to keep that little tidbit in my hat for future reference.
I'm back to playing my Amazon Music. It did clear my playlists that I'd made, but I really hadn't got that far.

Thanks again!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amazon will probably send an update that fixes which ever app is causing the bugaboo in the near future. Last time it was Kindle causing others to act up, again the auto sync thing and within a couple of days of my Cloud Drive app going to crap they'd sent updates to it and the Kindle app fixing the problem.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><