Launcher Pro with 3.0

mkjellgren

Reaction score
There have been tons of reports of LP not working quite right with 3.0. Some reports of fc's but most of redraws and lag. Personally I have not used LP on this particular rom which is strange actually considering it is normally my stand-by. This time I installed adw ex right away and have not regretted it in the least. Super smooth, no lag or redraws. Its running flawlessly. I highly recommended adw with 3.0.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kinfolk248

Reaction score
i think it may be LP, cus LP gave me a lot of FCs and lag when LP083 came out while i was still on UD25 but i reverted by to LP 082 and speed and stability came back...

also with adw ex, does it have the features of LP like hide certain apps, cus so apps are just a useless icon thts just in the way; p.s. i just love that 3d app drawer too lol smh

mkjellgren

Reaction score
i think it may be LP, cus LP gave me a lot of FCs and lag when LP083 came out while i was still on UD25 but i reverted by to LP 082 and speed and stability came back...

also with adw ex, does it have the features of LP like hide certain apps, cus so apps are just a useless icon thts just in the way; p.s. i just love that 3d app drawer too lol smh

Adw ex does not have an option to hide icons in the app drawer but does have a 3d app drawer if that's what you want. It also has 2 different 2d app drawers and 2 different galaxyS/iphone style app drawers. All of which work quite well. Keep in mind though that those features are only in the paid adw ex and not in the free version of adw.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
^ I stand corrected

sn2hotty

Reaction score
I've had these problems too: The launcher force closes sometimes when removing phone from the media (desk) or car dock. Also, as described here, the launcher is sluggish- ie, when pressing Home key from an app, have to press it 2 or 3 times before actually going to the Home screen. Also, when pressing the app drawer icon from the Home screen, a black screen with only the Home icon appears for about 10 seconds before the actual app drawer opens.

If I install ADW and then uninstall the LP launcher, is it possible to copy my home screens to ADW without having to manually re-add them?

T-N-T

Theme Developer
Reaction score
i havent had any problems with it i use it for my theme and not one fc

Rodeojones

Reaction score
I haven't had a single redraw with LauncherPro - and I've tried. I had 6 brower windows open as well as music playing and I couldn't get a redraw (in the past that would make it happen for sure). And I didn't run that special script to eliminate them. All I did was check "keep home in memory" in both the UD settings and LP settings.

In regards to force closes, I've had one and that was when I first loaded the ROM and things were still getting set up. Since then I haven't had a single issue with LP. For me at least, it's the best this launcher has ever performed.

MarkY3130

Reaction score
I had a few redraws at first. Then I opened up the terminal emulator, typed su and pressed enter, pasted in the following: echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and pressed enter, restarted the phone and no more redraws! This has always worked for me on all of the roms I've used

B

bigsapz

No issues at all. Like a glove

Sent from my AMOLED 2.3.2 Incredible

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
be happy your getting a fc or two lol!!!! im running liquid 1.2 and my lp fc'd acore lol! had to remove and reinstall using adb only with acore crashing constantly! great stuff ;)