LG Patent May Show Off The New Design Of The LG V30

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-v30-patent-2-jpg.77490

LG has one of the sleekest designs around with the nearly bezel-less design of the LG G6, and it looks like they will be improving on that design language with the V30. Recently an LG patent was leaked that shows what the second screen of the V30 might look like. It appears to wrap around a center front camera. The patent shows a broken line between the "main" and 'secondary" screen. It almost looks like this could be one fluid display instead of two displays. The secondary display appears to give us quick access to parts of the phone as previous secondary displays have.

At first glance their doesn't appear to be a speaker on the front of the phone at all, but it is likely that the speaker would be placed behind the camera with the speaker grill surrounding the camera. I imagine this will also feature all the latest specs including a Snapdragon 835, waterproofing, and wireless charging, and possibly an OLED display. This looks to be like another successful device for LG.

via Phandroid

Attachments

• lg-v30-patent-2.jpg
    lg-v30-patent-2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3,049

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
May be my next phone depending on when it releases. It's a toss up between this and the Note 8.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Only problem is that you won't be able to use one handed. If they would move the whole bar to the bottom it might work, as it is right now that's a two handed use.

budhah

Reaction score
Same engineer designed this that put a playground right next to a dumping ground

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I hate how phones are getting taller. I I am happy with the size of my Note 4. 5.7" or larger is great, as long as it has some girth. I've tested the S8 and didn't like it.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
this is pretty cool looking, I have troubles with touching my always on second screen sometimes...

how long before one of these companies tries a double sided phone... screens on both sides..... or it folds from both sides into a double sized phone... it's coming...sooner than we think I bet.