Liberty 0.5 nightlie bugs

ksalce

Reaction score
I just flashed 0.5 and I must say this is the most complete liberty gb rom yet. A big step up from 0.4. My question is what are the known bugs for this release because as of right now I have yet to notice any and I think it would be better to know what they are right off the bat then having to be surprised when something isn't working as it should be compared to other roms. I might actually use this as my daily rom if there isn't any significant bugs with this release.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

luvmypups26

Reaction score
I had soooo many problems with this rom, the market didn't work at all. It kept FC'ing, freezing up, and just alot of other kinks that I couldn't deal with. Liberty v0.4 actually works alot better...

Cstryon

Reaction score
I had fcs when getting an mms using the aosp mms. But switched to blur and have no problems with it. I occasionally have to force stop swype beta after rebooting to make it work again. And one bug the I noticed in both .4 and .5 is that while playing any media, using music, pandora, browser, what ever, I will get random reboots. But they don't happen a lot, just enough to bug me...I could go hours with no reboots, then go an hour and get 5.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I had soooo many problems with this rom, the market didn't work at all. It kept FC'ing, freezing up, and just alot of other kinks that I couldn't deal with. Liberty v0.4 actually works alot better...

did you try the fix permissions option in the toolbox. The its supposed to help with force closes. The personally I never have fcs and have not had a random reboot since installing. 5

RoyaleTee

Reaction score
I haven't seen many bugs either, but I've only been running it for about a day and a half now. I will say that the calendar widget and a few other widgets that are supposedly "built in" don't add to the home screen when you tell them to, even though they are clearly installed.

Also, I'm not sure if swype was excluded from this one, but I couldn't figure out how to find it, so I had to download swype beta, which is working just fine for now so it's no biggie. Plus I installed the Netflix app that's in the droid forums and it runs perfectly so no complaints here. It could def be worse.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
That's weird I just checked and it's fine for me. Hate to ask an obvious question but did you try uninstall and reinstall. Or go to superuser and make sure it was accidentally blacklisted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PTREE818

Reaction score
Titanium

Yes Hello , if u haven't by now found a solution to T.B. , u might try going back into ap market and search Titanium (2) should show up, the 1st should say purchased and the second should say download, I think it is either the rooted one or donate.This has to be done to for barnacle and astro. Help? I hope!
Ptree:rating09:

PTREE818

Reaction score
v 0.5 Bugs

:blackdroid::reddroid:Yes Hello , well I am pretty pleased w. GB only prob I am having as of recent is certain apps are causing freezing and slowing... So far I have found Overclock (I don't know why) and also AVG Antivirus.I have basically restored each of my apps 1 by 1 making constant backups and restarting when I dwnld an app that is ****ing w. phone. Any1 else w/ prob? I am On R2-D2 if specifics help! :greendroid::palm:

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Get rid of the AVG Antivirus. You don't need that at all. Antivirus, task killers, and other related apps cause issues for your phone and usually require tremendous cpu to run it, even while it is running in the background.

khelek

Reaction score
First off, thanks to JRummy for such an excellent ROM! Started with 1.5, then 2.0, then GB 0.4, and was excited this past weekend to celebrate Memorial Day with Liberty GB 0.5!

Been very happy with things so far, but noticed something that may or may not be a bug with the ROM. When I originally flashed 0.5, I was able to go into Compass Calibrator and calibrate my compass (oddly, it was the first time I've ever gotten the stupid thing to turn green!). However, I ran into an issue with TiBackup where, if you batch-restore, you end up getting a persistent sync icon in the upper right hand corner. The fix, sadly, was to do a factory reset and start all over, restoring everything but Gmail. That issue was fixed, however, now when I try to calibrate my compass, it brings up the page like it's trying to start, but then immediately closes and takes me back to the previous settings page. I thought it might be a cached data issue, but all the various buttons for compass calibrator were grayed out, so I couldn't clear anything. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Cstryon

Reaction score
I get random screen turn offs, but it can't turn back on and I end up needing to pull the bat.

snipes1003

Reaction score
The only issue I have is that I can't get LED notifications working with Handscent SMS.
Otherwise, great release. Upgraded to the charge yesterday and returned it due to bugs, much stabler than that and this will definitely get me going until the galaxy s2 is released. Getting quadrant scores around 2000 with the same settings that I used to get 1500!

khelek

Reaction score
The only issue I have is that I can't get LED notifications working with Handscent SMS.

Yeah, the LED notifications are a known bug with Handcent and GB ROMs (not specific to Liberty). I was using Handcent but without the notifications, I couldn't depend on it (I use it to receive pages for my job, so I have to know when I get a message) and so I went back to stock SMS until it's fixed.