[ROM] Liberty 3 - The Eagle soars again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
LibertyD2 3

The Eagle has once again taken Flight!!!

liberty1.png

Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
This is a 1st Init based so use the proper CWM
Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31 and Jrummy16
Smali Guru - Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

Liberty3 for the Droid 2 1.0

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:

Change List:

Install - CWM only:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Install Themes:
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16

Screenshots

screenshot1320290783053.png
screenshot1320290805109.png

screenshot1320290751496.png
screenshot1320290836301.png

screenshot1320290819162.png
screenshot1320290907389.png

Last edited:

nickdahat

Reaction score
Loving every minute of this ROM. VERY quick. Clean lean and mean like the way I expected this ROM to be.
Only question I have is how do you go about personalizing it with your own name/phrase in the pulldown bar like you could with the older versions?

Reaction score
So excited! & a question...

Awesomeeeeee! One question though. What all do I have to have installed as a base for this to work as it should? I have the Gingerbread leak installed (i.e. the Monster Updater that was needed for Liberty Gingerbread 0.8 and 0.9). Did I miss somewhere to download the OTA or what? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you guys!

P.S. I cannot wait to get this on my D2! A BIG thank you to Kejar31 & Jrummy16 for all their hard work!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
How to: Return DROID2 Back to Stock 2.2 to Receive Gingerbread Update - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog This is a great article on how to SBF back to stock so you can receive the OTA gingerbread. Once you're on an OTA, you can re-root and bam, Liberty goodness is yours.:biggrin:

Thank you nickdahat. I figured I was going to have to SBF because I did not remember seeing anywhere where someone had packaged the OTA into an update zip. :blink: Haha. Thanks again. People like you are why I stay so loyal to the forums ever since my D1. :biggrin:

ntek

Reaction score
How do I access data connections and roaming? It is not under settings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Abs

Reaction score
It's been way too long Liberty. So happy to see you guys working together again on Android Development, especially with the new Bionic C: It means a ton to the community. Donation coming your way soon!!! Thanks again

Give me Liberty or give me death!! .... or perhaps CM7. lol

mattv111

Reaction score
The battery life on this is great! At 65 after 15 hours. I'm also running jakesmod

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

duck on quack

Reaction score
How to: Return DROID2 Back to Stock 2.2 to Receive Gingerbread Update - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog This is a great article on how to SBF back to stock so you can receive the OTA gingerbread. Once you're on an OTA, you can re-root and bam, Liberty goodness is yours.:biggrin:

I'm still running the Gingerbread "leak" with Liberty v0.8. Does it really make a difference with the leak versus the actual OTA? If so, is there a 2.3.3 SBF file I can flash instead, or is returning to 2.3.2 and going the official OTA route the only way?

For example, I never received the OTA for 2.3.2, I simply flashed the sbf from 2.2.0 and haven't had any issues. Kind of confused about the best route to take at this point, but using an sbf for the new Gingerbread seems much easier.

Thanks.

nickdahat

Reaction score
I'm still running the Gingerbread "leak" with Liberty v0.8. Does it really make a difference with the leak versus the actual OTA? If so, is there a 2.3.3 SBF file I can flash instead, or is returning to 2.3.2 and going the official OTA route the only way?

For example, I never received the OTA for 2.3.2, I simply flashed the sbf from 2.2.0 and haven't had any issues. Kind of confused about the best route to take at this point, but using an sbf for the new Gingerbread seems much easier.

Thanks.

As far as I know, the only way you can get 2.3.3 is to go back to 2.3.2 and going the OTA route.
The only Gingerbread SBF files I could find are for the DroidX.

Reaction score
As far as I know, the only way you can get 2.3.3 is to go back to 2.3.2 and going the OTA route.
The only Gingerbread SBF files I could find are for the DroidX.

This is true. No update zip out in the wild as of now. You'll have to SBF back to stock and then download and install the OTA update and then finally install Liberty 3 RC 1.2.

KalKal

Reaction score
is there a way to install the stock GB music player? why didn't it come with it?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stock GB music player? You mean the one off of stock Blur and v.09? I should have it, let me check and I'll upload it.

EDIT: Try this:

http://db.tt/YgYvx1s4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.