[ROM] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid X 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

nguyenlm

Reaction score
Lately i've been getting alot of 3g data drop to 1x.
The first few weeks i used this rom it ran smoothly, but recently this problem has developed.

Its a toss up now, I switch from liquid smooth since the wifi just wouldnt work. But 3g data trumps wifi.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had tried installing it again without Jakebites and had issues... I just gave up

X

ROM3000

Reaction score
As always you guys have done a great job on the new ROM. My only suggestion, while not pertaining to the ROM development directly, is to change the sticky. The older V1.0 ROM is still the sticky.

greedj

Reaction score
Liberty X 3.0 2.0
Excellent ROM. Very stable and everything appears to work.

I just wonder why they left the 3G throttling in services.jar. I never exceed 5gb of data per month and VZW has me throttled at about 768k all the time.

Once I removed the 7 throttling services from services.jar I get 1.5 to 2.5 mb speed tests on 3g.

greedj

Reaction score
How to unthrottle 3g using a Windows machine (Use at your own risk and know how to recover your phone).

Fully charge the phone!
Backup Phone!

Download and install SDK/Tools

Copy /system/framework/services.jar from your phone to the pc or just download the rom again and unzip.

Open services.jar with 7zip and extract classes.dex to C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools (Older versions just have a tools folder)
Download smali and baksmali from the web

Open your command prompt and cd (change directory) to the folder above.

Then type this exactly (without the quotes: "java -jar baksmali.jar -o classout/ classes.dex". You should now have a folder C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\classout.

Leave the command prompt open.

Using Explorer, Browse to the C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\classout\com\android\server folder that was created.

Locate the 7 files with "throttleservices" in the title and Delete them!

Now type this into command prompt: "java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar classout/ -o new-classes.dex".
That should repack your edited files and create a file called new-classes.dex...

Cut and paste the new-classes.dex to your desktop and rename it classes.dex.

Open your services.jar (that should be on the desktop) with 7zip (or whatever) and click add file. Add the classes.dex file from your desktop. It might ask you to replace it or save or not.

Copy the new services.jar back to your phone in /system/framework/.

Set the permissions the same as every other file in the folder (rw-r---r--)

Reboot (The phone may take up to 5 minutes to boot the first time)

If it fails to boot, start bootstrap recovery and clear cache and davlik cache (You do not need to delete data).

Reboot (The phone will take up to 5 minutes to boot because it has to rebuild the davlik cache)

Enjoy uncapped 3g

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. You can also use Prop Modder and just check 3G uncapped. Then reboot.

X

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
For the guys with 3G/Wifi issues, what radio version are you running? Baseband should be BP_C_01.09.13P (I believe). That's what I'm running and 3G/Wifi work absolutely fine.

treb420

Reaction score
adaee117-fbca-c1e4.jpg

I noticed on my phone a small textual error. My battery is at 4%. When I unlock the phone, I am presented with the pattern key unlock. At the top it says Connect your charger (%d%%).