Life without an app drawer

calicocal

Reaction score
I just installed MIUI and am having mixed feelings so far. I did the data wipe before I realized that there was no app drawer. Before I got my droid I had an itouch and didn't like having to have all the icons on the desktop. It felt cluttered. How do you guys deal without having an app drawer and trying to keep your home screens neat and clean? Other than that it seems like it has some nice features so I am willing to give it a shot.

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Make a folder and place it where you would normally have your app drawer positioned. You can place all apps you would normally not have on your desktop in it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mursepaolo

Reaction score
when i was on miui, i made a set of 5 folders with different categories. sorted my apps accordingly and i stuck those on my desktop. no clutter.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The app droor is one thing that Android did right. I hated miui when I had it on my Droid 1 for this reason and the just the iOS feel of miui.

David522

Reaction score
download luncher-pro
its smooth and i still have miui features.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
A. I am from Detroit and only can imagine that you have serious self hate issues with the avatar you have picked. Just messing with you, please god give us a break in MICHIGAN.
We are not just some punchline.
B. I too was WTF when I noticed no drawer, but I love that now, I do the multiple folders deal, and it is nice because they are highly customizable.
But if it ain't your thang, there is an app that is like a mobile drawer.
Go to the market get a loaf of bread a quart of milk and a stick of butter.
If you are old, that will have been funny, if not I apologize and just ignore.
Anyhoo go to the market and search app drawer or application drawer.
You'll find what you need and it can be turned into multiple drawers with for categories.
But it works more like drawer than the folders.
Give the folders a try, as you may just end up surprising yourself.
DWB

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
A couple of options that I use:

1) Launcher Pro (one of the best launcher's for android plus you will get your app drawer back)

2) What I typically do is set up folders (just like everyone else recommended) along with the addition of 2 apps.
Cirlce Launcher & Swipe Pad - Both of these will keep your home screens clean along with allowing you access to your favorite apps whenever you need them.

Mev0

Reaction score
Make a folder and place it where you would normally have your app drawer positioned. You can place all apps you would normally not have on your desktop in it.

This is what I do, too. I prefer it this way because if I made folders in a regular Froyo ROM or whatever, I would have an icon in both the folder and the app drawer and so in a way it's just making shortcuts.

I don't have a ton of apps to begin with, so the folder organization in MIUI makes everything viewable without scrolling, whereas the regular launcher of a Froyo rom would probably make me scroll through my apps.

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
I like not having an app drawer..i use folders and it works alot better..my friend has a stock droid and when i look at it it just seems so plain compared to mine.....i love the miui launcher............

I also am from detroit....go tigers......

toastedoats

Reaction score
I put all my apps in a folder and placed it in the launcher dock just like an app drawer... The folder is set to organize by frequency of use, so i dont have to scroll down very ofter either

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the no app drawer and I don't use folders, they are annoying to me how they stay open until you hit back or X it

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If u put them on the dock they close if u navigate to a different homescreen

Sent from my Droid

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
A. I am from Detroit and only can imagine that you have serious self hate issues with the avatar you have picked. Just messing with you, please god give us a break in MICHIGAN.
We are not just some punchline.
B. I too was WTF when I noticed no drawer, but I love that now, I do the multiple folders deal, and it is nice because they are highly customizable.
But if it ain't your thang, there is an app that is like a mobile drawer.
Go to the market get a loaf of bread a quart of milk and a stick of butter.
If you are old, that will have been funny, if not I apologize and just ignore.
Anyhoo go to the market and search app drawer or application drawer.
You'll find what you need and it can be turned into multiple drawers with for categories.
But it works more like drawer than the folders.
Give the folders a try, as you may just end up surprising yourself.
DWB

I have nothing informative to add... just loved comment A... Lifelong Lions fan here. We should start a support group :) As far as the app drawer, I don't miss it too bad. I just wish the apps could at least be sorted, without spending an hour doing it manually. Give me alphabetical... something....

Icculus760

Reaction score
I don't miss it too bad. I just wish the apps could at least be sorted, without spending an hour doing it manually. Give me alphabetical... something....

There are sort features in MIUI folders - when you hit the edit key to change the folder name, there are options to sort by default order, frequency, or app name (aka alphabetical).

And thanks to the MIUI backup feature, you don't have to recreate your folders after every wipe/upgrade