Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

tdilts

Reaction score
Is there a newer build available than the one from the 28th? I am running the official v2.5 from here -> Dev-Host - Liquid-JB-v2.5-OFFICIAL-maserati.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

I am still getting random reboots (at least once a day)
Randomly my screen will turn on for no apparent reason.
Sometimes my screen will not turn on. When this happens, it will either eventually turn on after 5-10 seconds, or the phone reboots.

Other than these few things, the ROM is awesome! I'm still using it as a DD, just hoping for a few more bug fixes.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Newer devices like the S4 have a nightly for v2.6.5 but nothing for the D4, Liquid even tweeted there wasn't one for the D4. Not sure if development is dead considering there wasnt even a v2.6

I'm really hoping they update the D4 enough to at least get HALO since it's open source now.

But as of 6-17-13 v2.5 official is the latest build.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

motrue

Reaction score
I think you might wanna check the server
Again as 2.65 is available for d4....

GigaJake

Reaction score
J, you don't even use your D4 anymore and you're still my hero.

Thank you so much!

GigaJake

Reaction score
I think you might wanna check the server
Again as 2.65 is available for d4....

What server? The only one I can find is Jsnweitzel's build.

Edit: doesn't matter. v2.7 is in the works and will see itself to all devices. Hopefully they squash some bugs regarding wifi and the new HALO feature.

Last edited:

tdilts

Reaction score
I really don't like that HALO thing at all. I fought with it for a long time before I finally figured out how to turn it off. v2.6.5 does seem to run a bit better though, so that's a plus! :happy3:

GigaJake

Reaction score
There's an option to have it disappear when not in use but it's bugged. Other than having it slightly poke out from the side I really like it. Still needs some improvement though.

tdilts

Reaction score
well 2.6.5 broke incoming mms for me. I have already tried to completely wipe and restore. I can send MMS, but can't receive.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Official v2.7 is now up. Back on Goo.im

Goo.im/devs/liquidsmooth/maserati

Update: still need to calibrate wifi every boot and HALO settings don't stick :/ crap.

Last edited:

cnmizer

Reaction score
well 2.6.5 broke incoming mms for me. I have already tried to completely wipe and restore. I can send MMS, but can't receive.

I honestly could not get anything to fix this issue and I had held off from being on v2.1-STABLE because of an mms issue. Then I downloaded the Verizon Messages app, let it run, and then sent myself a picture. It worked like a charm.

Last edited:

tdilts

Reaction score
with 2.6.5 my Wifi was also not working (at all). I just went back to 2.5 and after seeing the note about 2.7 from GigaJake, I think I'll just stay here for a while. 2.5 works just fine, there are a few minor buggy things about it, but they aren't a deal breaker for me.

aFreakAccident

Reaction score
Same here. Just went to 2.6.5
Wifical needs to be run on every boot.
Bluetooth is just dead.
Sounds like 2.7 doesn't help. I think I saw the same issues listed on the latest PACman ROM, so maybe all ROMs are affected.
Probably rolling back to 2.5.