Live Weather Wallpaper

Fizban22

Reaction score
Hey all.

i have Weather and Toggle widget on my DX and i like it but i was wondering...

is there an available option on this app that allows the wallpaper to be a live version of the weather (say, if its raining, then the entire background of my phone will be raining)

and if WaT doesnt have this option, do you know of an app that does?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i don't know of any yet.

might want to post this in the developers section, this is an awesome idea.

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score
hey just to let you know, theres an app called Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper or osmething like that that does exactly that. i dont have it on permanently cause im sure that would drain your battery, but it is amazing and very fun to show off to friends

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
weather-lite live wallpaper

see title this is in the market and free. i never got beutiful widgets live wallpaper to work other than lite and dark and move sun and moon no weather ever showed with any launcher.

This wallpaper works with real time weather and is pretty acurate. I think it is what your looking for and youll enjoy it!

edit:This is on my droid, dont know if it works with droid x but dont see why not.

Last edited:

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
see title this is in the market and free. i never got beutiful widgets live wallpaper to work other than lite and dark and move sun and moon no weather ever showed with any launcher.

This wallpaper works with real time weather and is pretty acurate. I think it is what your looking for and youll enjoy it!

edit:This is on my droid, dont know if it works with droid x but dont see why not.

Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper only has full functionality if you have purchased Beautiful Widgets. It works great and shows animated rain/lightning during storms. Can't wait to see what winter brings. I have had the live wallpaper installed for a few months now and it has not affected my battery life much.

techguru

Reaction score
Weather bug elite also has a local radar live wallpaper, although I prefer beautiful widgets live wallpaper unless a storm is coming.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper only has full functionality if you have purchased Beautiful Widgets. It works great and shows animated rain/lightning during storms. Can't wait to see what winter brings. I have had the live wallpaper installed for a few months now and it has not affected my battery life much.

I have it installed to but I've never seen it work. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Booch_21

Reaction score
I didn't know that this was out there until this thread. I installed it and now have a great alternative to use. Awesome looking!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

I have it installed to but I've never seen it work. Is there a setting I'm missing?

I don't think so hook. I have had BW for quite some time. When I downloaded BW LWP it said something about verifying that I have purchased BW and then just worked. You may want to try uninstalling and re-installing the LWP.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Hook - there is now an update to both BW and BW LWP which uses Accu-Weather rather than Google. While setting it up I noticed in the BW Configure menu there was an option to "Use with Live Wallpaper". The update forces you to delete and re-add the widget and re-select the LWP. Hopefully when you download the update you can get it to work. Good Luck!

dolpns13

Reaction score
Hey all.

i have Weather and Toggle widget on my DX and i like it but i was wondering...

is there an available option on this app that allows the wallpaper to be a live version of the weather (say, if its raining, then the entire background of my phone will be raining)

and if WaT doesnt have this option, do you know of an app that does?

Beautiful widgets does this. Place the widget on your homescreen, and when you short tap the widget, you can set it to show the full scree weather forecast... If its sunny, it will show a blazing sun, cloudy will scroll clouds along the screen, rain, thunder and lightening.. its very cool

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hook - there is now an update to both BW and BW LWP which uses Accu-Weather rather than Google. While setting it up I noticed in the BW Configure menu there was an option to "Use with Live Wallpaper". The update forces you to delete and re-add the widget and re-select the LWP. Hopefully when you download the update you can get it to work. Good Luck!

I'm not seeing an update in the Market. Where is this update coming from?

Edit: I went into BW in the Market and when I tapped on it I saw the update.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

Same here hookbill i have purhase beutiful widget and other thn what i posted i have never gotten it to work. but the one i posted works for me.