Lollipop and Skype

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Looks like Lollipop might have made the Skype app useless for video calls. I went to use it the day I updated and the other end could not see me. I went to go uninstall and reinstall but checked reviews of the app in the Play store first and saw several complaints about the issue. Anyone else having Skype problems after the update?

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I actually stopped using Skype because of Hangouts, but I will try to do a test video call after work today and report back.

OP
Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks!

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Alrighty. Tried it on my N7 with Lollipop to an HTC M8 (also with Lollipop) and no hiccups. It dialed out alright and it was able to pick up. I tried it on both Wifi and Mobile data connection just to be sure and so far everything is working fine. HOWEVER, there was an update to Skype a day before I tested so they may have already fixed the issue.

OP
Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Alrighty. Tried it on my N7 with Lollipop to an HTC M8 (also with Lollipop) and no hiccups. It dialed out alright and it was able to pick up. I tried it on both Wifi and Mobile data connection just to be sure and so far everything is working fine. HOWEVER, there was an update to Skype a day before I tested so they may have already fixed the issue.

Thanks. No issue with your video, huh?

I tried again last night and I was able to see the person I was connected to but all they got from me was a black screen.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Thanks. No issue with your video, huh?

I tried again last night and I was able to see the person I was connected to but all they got from me was a black screen.
Interesting. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Skype yet?

realged13

Reaction score
Glad to know that I am not the only one with this issue. I tried to do a Skype call with my wife with video. I could only see her, she couldn't see me. We both have Turbos. She is still on Kit Kat and I am on Lollipop. Tried reinstalling and that didn't work.

OP
Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Glad to know that I am not the only one with this issue. I tried to do a Skype call with my wife with video. I could only see her, she couldn't see me. We both have Turbos. She is still on Kit Kat and I am on Lollipop. Tried reinstalling and that didn't work.

Some reviews in Play Store mention it and I e-mailed them about it as well. Hopefully they fix it. If not the app is useless to me.

gbsa

Reaction score
My daughter and switched to oovoo for video calling much more reliable than Skype and better video quality.