Lollipop Hold Out

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I'm still holding out and at this point I'll probably never move to lollipop. I don't know whether marshmallow will ever make its way to the original Turbo or not.
Thoughts?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If I remember correctly, I believe I heard or read that the original turbo will not receive the 6.0 update

Sent from my Note 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Motorola
All Motorola Devices Android 6.0 marshmallow update
Motorola April 3, 2016 345 Comments
PREV ARTICLE NEXT ARTICLE

Motorola has made a good name for itself in the Android community, because of its fast software updates and smooth fluid performance. The Marshmallow update rollout may disturb some Moto fans because some Motorola’s devices including Moto E, Moto X 2013 and some carrier models. The reason behind this is definitely either low memory or out of the update support cycle. But most of the Moto devices will get the taste of Android 6.0 Marshmallow within some months. According to the sources, these Motorola devices will get Marshmallow update.

As on March 2016 almost all Motorola devices have received their Android Marshmallow update. If you haven’t received it yet, then please post your model name, number and country. We will assist you further for upgrading process. If you are planning to buy any Motorola device then, you must check out these Motorola offers on Amazon.

Update: – Moto G 2nd Gen (Moto G 2014) has received its Android Marshmallow update in India and some other Asian countries. The mass rollout will begin after some weeks. Moto G 3rd Gen will also receive a firmware fix soon to resolve most of the Marshmallow bugs.

As we reported earlier Moto G Turbo has received its Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update in India. If you haven’t received it yet then reboot your phone and try again.

Update: – Moto X Play and Moto X Style marshmallow update almost complete, Check yours if you haven’t received it yet. Moto G Turbo marshmallow update is in its final phase means users will receive the Android 6.0 update soon.
Moto G (Gen 3) Starts Receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update in India. If you haven’t received it yet then restart your Moto G3 and try again.
Update 22-01-2016: -Moto G2 And Moto G2 LTE will soon get their Android Marshmallow Operating System update.

Update: – Moto G3 is receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow update in USA and Canada.
Update: – Moto X2 and Moto G 3rd Gen started receiving Official marshmallow OTA updates. Moto X 2nd Gen in India and Moto G3 in Brazil have got the update today. According to the reports, Moto G 2nd Gen will get the update soon Internationally.

Motorola Devices which will get Android 6.0 marshmallow update
According to a Motorola representative, some users are already testing the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Moto X Pure (Style). That means Motorola is in the late stages of preparing the update for a wider rollout, and hopefully, we’re hear something new soon.

• Moto X 2015 Pure Edition (3rd gen)
  • Moto X Style 2015 (3rd gen)
  • Moto X Play 2015
  • Moto G 2015 (3rd gen) aka Moto G3
  • Moto X Pure Edition 2014 in the US (2nd gen)
  • Moto X 2014 in Latin America, Europe and Asia (2nd gen)
  • Moto G 2nd Gen and Moto G with 4G LTE (2nd gen)
  • Moto G Turbo Edition
  • DROID Turbo
  • Droid Turbo 2
  • Moto MAXX 2014
  • Moto Turbo 2014
  • Nexus 6

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
You surrendered! What are your thoughts? Do you regret the upgrade or are you happy with it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I honestly don't see much of a difference. Nothing that makes
You surrendered! What are your thoughts? Do you regret the upgrade or are you happy with it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I honestly don't much of a difference. None that make me go "WOW!"
The only reason I upgraded is that I wanted to stay at the top of
the available tech on my phone to accommodate my "World of Tanks Blitz" game app.

Which works much better on my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet by the way.

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I'm still holding out and at this point I'll probably never move to lollipop. I don't know whether marshmallow will ever make its way to the original Turbo or not.
Thoughts?
My next phone will be one that comes out of the factory with the latest OS. Not one that says, "Upgrade coming sooooooooooon"

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Shatter proof....pffffft! My next phone is going to run on a Flux Capacitor!

latest