Looking for Some Advice

CRH7386

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice on getting a new phone. Long story short, my Thunderbolt went into a boot loop, I ended up locking it out and I cannot get my computer to recognize the phone as an adb device to be able to unlock it and flash a new rom. So, I'm looking at getting a new phone. I've been really wanting the HTC One but since Verizon won't give an exact release date, I don't know if I can hold out for it since my phone is not functional at the moment. I can currently upgrade to the Droid DNA for a penny and I have used it in the store and I do like it. But, I was wondering if anyone had advice on the DNA and if the One will be worth the wait. I haven't used the One but it seems to be a great phone from everything I have read. And I have the Galaxy S3 for my work phone so I don't want to get an S4 as my personal, plus, I'm just not a huge fan of the cheap feel of the galaxy phones. Do you think I will regret getting the DNA over waiting for the One? Any suggestions or comments are appreciated! Thank you.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would probably just pick up a cheaper phone from craigslist or Swappa just to hold you over. If you're really interested in the One, it should be out by summer's end from what I've heard, so one month with a "beater" phone can't be too bad. That's what I would do anyway.

OP
C

CRH7386

Reaction score
I would probably just pick up a cheaper phone from craigslist or Swappa just to hold you over. If you're really interested in the One, it should be out by summer's end from what I've heard, so one month with a "beater" phone can't be too bad. That's what I would do anyway.

Okay, thanks for the response. I'll look to see if I can find a cheap phone to swap over to in the mean time! I hope the $200 the One will cost will be worth it over a $0.01 on the DNA.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Okay, thanks for the response. I'll look to see if I can find a cheap phone to swap over to in the mean time! I hope the $200 the One will cost will be worth it over a $0.01 on the DNA.

From my personal experience the One is a significant upgrade over the DNA. Then again the only real time I had with them were in demo kiosks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta