Losing network connection

NinaBelle

Reaction score
The last week or so, I've been noticing I've been completely losing network connection in areas that I KNOW are 3G and 4G for no apparent reason. It corrects itself with a battery pull, but it's getting REALLY annoying!!!

Any thoughts on what might be causing it???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

livspop

Reaction score
The last week or so, I've been noticing I've been completely losing network connection in areas that I KNOW are 3G and 4G for no apparent reason. It corrects itself with a battery pull, but it's getting REALLY annoying!!!

Any thoughts on what might be causing it???

It's a known issue with the Bionic that is supposedly going to be fixed in an OTA. Sooner rather than later, I hope, but some people are saying it will come in November. I am seeing it when I am in a low signal 3G area (I don't have 4G yet). It will just lose the data connection rather than connect to 1X when the 3G signal gets low. Sometimes the data connection comes back, other times it needs a toggle to airplane mode to kickstart. It's really starting to frustrate me….

Reaction score
Another issue arising is when you turn on your wifi and turn it off. It freezes 3/4g data. Then you have to toggle airplane mode again. I really hope OTA fixes this.

OP
N

NinaBelle

Reaction score
I don't use wi-fi...so I know that's not the issue.
So, instead of doing a battery pull, I can just put it on airplane mode and then turn it off of airplane mode...and that'll reset the data?

ccsoty

Reaction score
Another issue arising is when you turn on your wifi and turn it off. It freezes 3/4g data. Then you have to toggle airplane mode again. I really hope OTA fixes this.

I noticed this as well, but I've been having to reboot the phone in order for the mobile network to come back. I'll try using the 'Airplane Mode' method. Though I tried it once before and didn't seem to work.

Anyways, I noticed when in my wifi for a long time, once I go on the road 3G/4G or anything else doesn't come up, and the only way I've been able to get the mobile network to comeback was to reboot...

Reaction score
I noticed this as well, but I've been having to reboot the phone in order for the mobile network to come back. I'll try using the 'Airplane Mode' method. Though I tried it once before and didn't seem to work.

Anyways, I noticed when in my wifi for a long time, once I go on the road 3G/4G or anything else doesn't come up, and the only way I've been able to get the mobile network to comeback was to reboot...

At the beginning I was just rebooting the phone after the wifi freeze. It works. Then after reading up I decided to do the airplane toggle. Don't do the power button/airplane. It froze in airplane mode. I use settings/wireless/airplane (toggle on and off). Every now and then the 3/4g icon stays white but data reception does seem to work. Then after I shut the screen of and turn it back on it turns blue and performs as usual.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
At the beginning I was just rebooting the phone after the wifi freeze. It works. Then after reading up I decided to do the airplane toggle. Don't do the power button/airplane. It froze in airplane mode. I use settings/wireless/airplane (toggle on and off). Every now and then the 3/4g icon stays white but data reception does seem to work. Then after I shut the screen of and turn it back on it turns blue and performs as usual.

Same here. I hope the patch for this comes out in November, and not on the "Bionic timeline November," but regular November.

jstone92

Reaction score
Yeah I've been having the same issue. Its quite annoying definitely when my old incredible never lost signal at my house. Im hoping the update comes quickly.

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i been useing performance mode under battery settings never had the issue only when i used maximum battery saver mode is when i had the issue

wooddale

Reaction score
Another way you can do it either go to settings, wireless&networks,mobile networks toogle toogle network mode from cdma to cdma lte. Or the real easy way you can doiwn load the cdma lte widiget from market then all you have to do is hit it toggle and your done. Either way it sucks I didnt spend all that money on a phone that doesnt work and Verizon is going to here about it.

OP
N

NinaBelle

Reaction score
Another way you can do it either go to settings, wireless&networks,mobile networks toogle toogle network mode from cdma to cdma lte. Or the real easy way you can doiwn load the cdma lte widiget from market then all you have to do is hit it toggle and your done. Either way it sucks I didnt spend all that money on a phone that doesnt work and Verizon is going to here about it.

Is that the $.99 one in the market?