Lost my stock rom back up. How do i get my stock recovery instead of bootstrap?

cmccoy15

Reaction score
Hi everyone...been searching the forums for this and can't find a step by step way to get my phone back to fresh out of the box stock.

Heres my situation:

1) I screwed up and accidentally deleted the back up of my stock ROM.

2) I'm only rooted via Z4 and obviously using Droid X Bootstrap.

3) I did NOT flash a new ROM, I still have the original rom (the only thing that changed is I keep getting bootstrap recovery on start up).

4) When I turn off my phone then reboot, bootstrap recovery comes up. This is the only thing that has changed from the original ROM.

5) I want to do the OTA Gingerbread update and I know if boot strap is showing up at all, I won't be able to get it.

HOW DO I GET BOOT STRAP RECOVERY TO GO AWAY AND HAVE THE PHONE FRESH OUT OF THE BOX STOCK??

**Please understand and am extrememly new...all I've done is root and installed Bootstrap and ROM manager...I really need step by step (and I mean baby step) instructions*** Please help...thanks.

My Phone info since i dont know what you need:
System Version: 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Version: 2.2.1

If you need anything else please let me know...thank again.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone...been searching the forums for this and can't find a step by step way to get my phone back to fresh out of the box stock.

Heres my situation:

3) I did NOT flash a new ROM, I still have the original rom (the only thing that changed is I keep getting bootstrap recovery on start up).

4) When I turn off my phone then reboot, bootstrap recovery comes up. This is the only thing that has changed from the original ROM.

5) I want to do the OTA Gingerbread update and I know if boot strap is showing up at all, I won't be able to get it.

HOW DO I GET BOOT STRAP RECOVERY TO GO AWAY AND HAVE THE PHONE FRESH OUT OF THE BOX STOCK??

**Please understand and am extrememly new...all I've done is root and installed Bootstrap and ROM manager...I really need step by step (and I mean baby step) instructions*** Please help...thanks.

Delete Bootstraps and ROM Manager. Pull open your app drawer. Select z4Root. Return to stock.

OP
C

cmccoy15

Reaction score

Heres my situation:

Delete Bootstraps and ROM Manager. Pull open your app drawer. Select z4Root. Return to stock.

Thanks but I tried that earlier, several times. Deleted bootstrap and rom manager, then hit unroot in z4 (I dont see a return to stock option). All it did was unroot but bootstrap recover still comes up when I reboot my phone. So I put ROM manager and bootstrap back incase I need it to get rid of the recovery screen.

razorloves

Reaction score
not knowing what you've done to your phone since you've rooted it, i highly suggest you sbf to get back to out of the box stock. after you sbf, boot into stock recovery (turn off phone then hold power and home, then press search key when you see the triangle) and do a data wipe

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Do as suggested by HookBill..again. If that still doesnt work, then back up all your Contacts to Google as well as generating a .csv file from Google of your Contacts...and then do a Factory Data Reset...and start over.