[ROM] Maverick for the Droid3 (MavROM) - V2.5

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
I just tried taking a screen shot of my notification bar but every time I hit the screen shot the notification bar leaves the screen. So it just takes a screen shot of my home-screen, not going to do you any good. Looking at my widgets from left to right I have the wireless bars icon (wireless), Bluetooth icon, a satellite icon (3G??), airplane icon, vibrate/sound icon, and last but not least the sun icon for brightness.

Lol :D satellite icon = GPS, obviously ;)

i used the power on/off button. keep it pressed and chose SCREENSHOT.
it was more difficult to find its locations :p than to take the screenscrot itself.

He means that if you hold the power button while having the notifications bar down, it will go up so you cant screenshot your notification bar

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just to give you guys an update...working on finalizing the new system build and giving the toolbox an overhaul. New features are near! :)

DroidDetox

Reaction score
Here I was thinking it was the 3G, noob moment of the year. :D That being said, I wish there were a 3G toggle :frown: Thanks for the help!

redsox985

Reaction score
Do you use the airplane mode alot? On and off?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

A few times a day. The genius who designed my school in the 70's made it a big, concrete and brick triangle. So most of the rooms lack windows and are interior rooms so service is very weak/non-existent, so I've gotten into the habit of toggle airplane mode to stretch the battery (worked on previous ROMs and stock). Does it work against Mav?

redsox985

Reaction score
Well, I'm back! I'm going to give it a week or so to settle in, although I feel the 5.7.902 based system will be out by then, so who knows! But I'm restoring now, so we'll give this a thorough evaluation and hope battery life improves.

Could you add the option to switch between the Google Car Dock and Blur Car Dock to the toolbox? I like the Google one much more, but can't figure out how to get it moved over onto Mav. It's nice because it gives you the option to enable it without the dock (great if you don't have the OEM dock) and disable it when docked, so you can access the phone as normal without hitting back a brazillion (yes, it's a word to me) times. Also, it has brightness toggles built in plus no preset, un-changeable dock home screen. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and changeable lock screens. The honeycomb lock screen is really cool. I'm just thinking of things from past ROMs that would be cool additions if they aren't a huge PITA. Thanks again for the great support.

Last edited:

tuffD1

Reaction score
Had this rom for almost 2 weeks. Screenshot has been working fine for me with ICS theme.

Sent from my MavD³

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, I'm back! I'm going to give it a week or so to settle in, although I feel the 5.7.902 based system will be out by then, so who knows! But I'm restoring now, so we'll give this a thorough evaluation and hope battery life improves.

Could you add the option to switch between the Google Car Dock and Blur Car Dock to the toolbox? I like the Google one much more, but can't figure out how to get it moved over onto Mav. It's nice because it gives you the option to enable it without the dock (great if you don't have the OEM dock) and disable it when docked, so you can access the phone as normal without hitting back a brazillion (yes, it's a word to me) times. Also, it has brightness toggles built in plus no preset, un-changeable dock home screen. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and changeable lock screens. The honeycomb lock screen is really cool. I'm just thinking of things from past ROMs that would be cool additions if they aren't a huge PITA. Thanks again for the great support.

Glad you're back! Im currently at 40% at 16 1/2 hrs. Moderate use. I am knee deep in college homework at the moment, but I plan to try and port the "blur" ICS lockscreen as seen from the leak for the euro razr. I have a system dump of it, so we will see how it goes when I get there! Ill talk to the other two guys about the dock stuff. None of us have a dock to test with. If we had one to test, it'd be a lot easier for us to make work.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

bgarlock

Reaction score
I have had a lot of battery usage on 2.5, with my brightness turned all the way down. I think I saw some others with this in the old 2.5 thread. I also have modified so I am running the performance govenor, and maybe that is why? I'll try another govenor, but things get laggy when I use anything other than performance.. Is there anything else I can try, or just wait out the next release which looks like it has awesome battery life..

Many thanks,

Bruce

DroidDetox

Reaction score

Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, every time I try to install the theme through Safestrap I get E:Can't open /sdcard /update.zip (No such file or directory) Installation aborted. I'm fairly new to theme/rooting/roms etc so maybe I missed a step. I tried placing the .zip in various parts of the phone directories to no avail. I downloaded the theme, renamed to update.zip, used Safestrap's update utility, are these not the steps?? Thanks

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, every time I try to install the theme through Safestrap I get E:Can't open /sdcard /update.zip (No such file or directory) Installation aborted. I'm fairly new to theme/rooting/roms etc so maybe I missed a step. I tried placing the .zip in various parts of the phone directories to no avail. I downloaded the theme, renamed to update.zip, used Safestrap's update utility, are these not the steps?? Thanks
Sounds like your choosing update from zip rather than install from zip (in safestrap) ;)