"Message not received" ... continual popup

Joe Droid

Reaction score
A friend recently sent me a multi-media message (Sprint user, go figure) and I was unable to see it. Ever since, every time I send or receive a txt message, a popup appears in the status bar with the message "Message not received". It then shows "touch to review the message and try again". When I touch it, I'm simply redirected to the "send message" page. I can swipe it off, of course, but again... every time I either send or receive a txt message, this popup reappears.

Anybody ever have this and know how to make it go away? Rebooting phone and deleted conversations did nothing to make it go away.

JeffBDias

Reaction score
A friend recently sent me a multi-media message (Sprint user, go figure) and I was unable to see it. Ever since, every time I send or receive a txt message, a popup appears in the status bar with the message "Message not received". It then shows "touch to review the message and try again". When I touch it, I'm simply redirected to the "send message" page. I can swipe it off, of course, but again... every time I either send or receive a txt message, this popup reappears.

Anybody ever have this and know how to make it go away? Rebooting phone and deleted conversations did nothing to make it go away.

Yes, I have the same problem. This has occurred only in the last 3 days. When I follow the instruction "Touch to view message and try again" I am taken to a New Message window, as though I want to originate a new message. I add a message and delete it; but the "Message not received" warning recurs. Rebooting does not help.

ksanger35

Reaction score
I have this problem too. Droid RAZR, Verizon, System 98.2.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US, Android 4.1.2.

ksanger35

Reaction score
Brought up Text Messaging where it shows all of your past conversations. Scrolled to conversations with red X on them. Long press on message with red X. Then deleted it. I did this for all three messages and threads that had errors. Might have fixed the constant error notification, "Message not received", followed by touching it and being shown a New Message screen.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're using Handcent for texts, delete the data in your phone settings, app manager, Handcent. You'll lose all saved messages but it'll clear up the stuck notification.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4