Message to D2 Rom users

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
YOU are the one who is ultimately responsible for your device. It is not the developers fault if a rom renders your device useless. Unlike the original droid the droid 2 do not have a true custom recovery so if you can not get into recovery then your only hope is to flash an sbf. If a rom is released that will not work with the current sbf that is out then you are taking a SERIOUS risk. There is nor rom out that is worth the heartache if you can not recover your device. There are many ways to modify your device with in the current build. If you decide to flash a rom or a theme where sbf will not work and your device get stuck at the M then you are stuck because with out an sbf or the ability to use recovery your device can not be recovered.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If anyone is willing, maybe someone could make a list of roms that are compatible with the current sbf to prevent this from happening so much. There's only a couple roms for the d2 so I can't imagine it would be too much work. Just an idea.

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will work on that I have this for both the droid 2 and droid x

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm curious what provoked this post. Is it a certain ROM in particular?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I didn't know there were any D2 roms that you could not recover with an sbf. Please let me know which ones you are talking about. And I agree that we are responsible for our phones and should know what we are doing before messing around. That is good advice.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Phone is never Worthless LOL IMO if you brick your phone you better have insurance on it and " OMG my phone got stolen " Problem solved= Get new phone ( well refurb ) Lesson learned= Don't do it again Monetary Loss= 89.00

want a droid

Reaction score
Phone is never Worthless LOL IMO if you brick your phone you better have insurance on it and " OMG my phone got stolen " Problem solved= Get new phone ( well refurb ) Lesson learned= Don't do it again Monetary Loss= 89.00

Except for the fact that that's insurance fraud....

crome1115

Reaction score
well here is an idea apart from the insurance fraud idea..(which if you smash it would not be insurance fraud cause you can claim a physically damaged device) is if by chance you happen to brick your device and it gets stuck on the M.. take it to your verizon store where they can put it on their pst machine (designated computer in the tech area) and flash the recovery tool on it to recover your orig non rooted OS.. this happened to a friend of mine that works at verizon and he threw his droid x on the pst and used the recovery tool and it recovered the device..then he went ahead and rooted it again the proper way..lol..but another idea..just dont tell them you tried to root it or they may not help you..

crome1115

Reaction score
oh and on another note.. the whole refurb thing from asurion.. it may or may not be a refurb.. BUT.. if it is.. they warrenty it for a year so basicallly if they have to resend a device on a defective refurb, they will replace it with a brand new device..so not such a bad deal if you have to dish out 89.00

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
where can i find the newest sbf files for the droid 2? can someone post a link please

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
crome1115,

I hope you don't drive, and has auto insurance. If you wreck your car on purpose and try to capitalize on insurance, you'll end up in jail.

Insurance fraud is insurance fraud, and being these devices are $250+ each, that makes it a felony in most states.