Warning!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would not recommend flashing any roms or themes until you get an sbf of any kind for the D2G. Unlike the original droid, the later edition droids do not allow you to boot straight into a custom recovery to fix your device. Now for the most part I have been able to boot into cw IF I am in a boot loop. If I am stuck at the M I have not had any success in booting into cw recovery. And the only fix I know of so far is SBF. We do not have an SBF for the D2G yet. So by flashing roms you take a risk of not being able to recover your device.

I am sticking this and will remove it when we get an SBF.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is true too for the D1 in that if you can't get past the M logo, you can't get in to recovery and have to use an SBF (don't ask me how I know).

bigThumbUp.gif

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I expect we may see a d2 global sbf around the time it gets officially released to a bunch of stores. Once they are in place and the vzw tech reps get the program then we should be able to see an sbf, but until then I would NOT flash any roms or themes. Just get ADW or LPP and freeze the bloat with Titanium Backup.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Good advice! I bricked my D2G. Got it fixed and could not resist working on it so I am back to making some mods to it. I came up with a very safe way to get some ROMs on it but nothing is 100% sure.

I hope we do see an SBF...would suck if we don't get one like the R2D2.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I guess this thread can be deleted or edited to ... Yay! We have SBF D2G :)

adridge

Reaction score
So... is a mod going to unsticky this now that the D2G has SBF?

draexo

Reaction score
I would not recommend flashing any roms or themes until you get an sbf of any kind for the D2G. Unlike the original droid, the later edition droids do not allow you to boot straight into a custom recovery to fix your device. Now for the most part I have been able to boot into cw IF I am in a boot loop. If I am stuck at the M I have not had any success in booting into cw recovery. And the only fix I know of so far is SBF. We do not have an SBF for the D2G yet. So by flashing roms you take a risk of not being able to recover your device.

I am sticking this and will remove it when we get an SBF.

We have an SBF file for the D2G. Can we edit this post or delete it?

Status
Not open for further replies.