Microsoft Outlook > Droid 3 Sync

redharleymn

Reaction score
Any recommendations for syncing up my Droid 3 to my Microsoft Outlook. Currenlly I'm using companionlink but half the time it doesn't work.

Thanks.

OP
R

redharleymn

Reaction score
Exchange Server

Touchdown works but is expensive

It looks like Touchdown only works with a Microsoft Exchange or Active Sync server and I don't have either.

I have a business laptop with Microsoft Outlook 2010 loaded and Droid 3.

I do have the ability to use POP3 and STMP configs but that's about it.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks.

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I just use the corporate stock email and microsoft exchange. it all works perfectly.

I use Enhanced Email app to do this. It is a paid app, but pretty cheap. It is very similar to the stock app but with many more customizable features and most importantly can bypass the the Exchange security policies that require a remote admin on your phone and require a pin locked screen.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

companionlink

Reaction score
Any recommendations for syncing up my Droid 3 to my Microsoft Outlook. Currenlly I'm using companionlink but half the time it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Just wanted to say I'm here to help with your CompanionLink setup if you need it! PM me, if you like.

- David

spunker88

Reaction score
If you dont have access to exchange/activesync you could user imap i instead of pop3 since it keeps track of read messages on the mail server.

info4tim

Reaction score
*Really* syncs with Outlook client?

Need to know: Does this app work *flawlessly* - or as expected w/OL and a droid phone? Not having much luck at all with OL syncing - with *any* product! Thanx, tim

nu2droid

Reaction score
I also use the exchange email. The stock email worked pretty good for me but I switched to enhanced email for some more customization. It also worked without issue.
Now I use an ICS rom and the stock email has been great. No issues at all. All the sync works wells (I.e. calendar, contacts, etc).

Sent from my XT862

alesfrede

Reaction score

Thanks.

moxier is cool. email & calendar

Enviado desde mi XT860 usando Tapatalk 2

RaceRev

Reaction score
I am still looking for something simple!
I have a Droid 3 and a laptop with over 1500 contacts, when I travel I want to be able to add contacts to my phone and add a date to my calendar and have it show up on my laptop, without switching to a windows phone.
I really like my D3 but it is a pain not to be able to sync.
Thank you so much.

RaceRev

Reaction score
Droid 3 & Outlook Sync

Try the new DejaCloud service by CompanionLink. It was launched in late 2012 and gives you instant and automatic two-way sync between Outlook and Android. Keep Android, iPhone, iPad devices in sync using the Cloud

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the input, however I do NOT want to use a "Cloud" where my information is stored outside of my personal computer where who know who has access to it. I want a simple, direct, USB or wireless, droid to laptop. I do NOT trust our government any longer or the hackers that may be in another country having access to my information. Can you help me with a non-cloud solution?
RaceRev