MIUI Issues and Resolution Tracker Thread

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any solution to the status/error 7 issue I'm getting when I try to install the ROM as of yet?

I got around this earlier today by rebooting and opening Rom Manager. I flashed SPR and after it loaded I then reflashed CW. It took a long time to get the popup saying it loaded. I kept flashing it until it would load very quickly (2-3 seconds). I then rebooted into CW and all was fine.

The following may be only on my phone, but I've having CW reboot once before it would work correctly. What I mean is that I would start making selections, say to do a backup, and before I get all the way through the process of making my selections, CW would freeze for a few seconds and then it would start the reboot process. I have found that if you immediately press and hold the X key and let it reboot back into CW, that all will be well from then on. CW will work without fail until the next time i boot into it and I will have to go through all this again. But, as I said, it does work flawlessly from then on. Good luck.

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
so far my issues are.

1. Reboot when I go to settings/applications/manage applications/ and try to uninstall an app. I did not try a lot of them like this, but it did it to me with Zedge, and Ringdroid. I tried to uninstall from settings and manage apps...during the uninstall, phone reboots out of nowhere. App is not deleted. I cannot delete them this way. I havent had an issue deleting them using the trash can in the stock launcher.

2. Occasionally get a really long homescreen redraw when I am browsing internet, and touch the home button...it freezes for a second..then takes a good 10 seconds or more to redraw my homescreen.

3. Occasional lag when scrolling page to page.

those are the only issues I have experience this far...that havent been covered already (ie *228 not FC)

I did the install per instructions...and it works great. Install directly over ss4.8, no wipe...clear data from contacts storage and google framework services. Reboot, install chevy 1.0ghz lv kernel, install all issues fix zip...reboot.

No probs other than what I described above. I really think this ROM has a LOT of potential...it just has some wrinkles that need to be ironed out.

1. Why did you choose to install the 1.0 Ghz kernel, when the 1.1 Kernel is already installed?

2. Can you install a Task Manager, that has app unintall functionality?

3. Are the applications present when you SS 4.8 is installed, or only when MIUI is installed?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so far my issues are.

1. Reboot when I go to settings/applications/manage applications/ and try to uninstall an app. I did not try a lot of them like this, but it did it to me with Zedge, and Ringdroid. I tried to uninstall from settings and manage apps...during the uninstall, phone reboots out of nowhere. App is not deleted. I cannot delete them this way. I havent had an issue deleting them using the trash can in the stock launcher.

2. Occasionally get a really long homescreen redraw when I am browsing internet, and touch the home button...it freezes for a second..then takes a good 10 seconds or more to redraw my homescreen.

3. Occasional lag when scrolling page to page.

those are the only issues I have experience this far...that havent been covered already (ie *228 not FC)

I did the install per instructions...and it works great. Install directly over ss4.8, no wipe...clear data from contacts storage and google framework services. Reboot, install chevy 1.0ghz lv kernel, install all issues fix zip...reboot.

No probs other than what I described above. I really think this ROM has a LOT of potential...it just has some wrinkles that need to be ironed out.

1. Why did you choose to install the 1.0 Ghz kernel, when the 1.1 Kernel is already installed?

2. Can you install a Task Manager, that has app unintall functionality?

3. Are the applications present when you SS 4.8 is installed, or only when MIUI is installed?

1. Why do YOU use it? Its listed in your sig! I use chevys new kernels. The 1.0 ghz kernel has 7 slots, 250, 400, 550, 700, 800, 900, 1000...I use the 700 slot for charging and battery <41% profile in SetCPU....and my phone will not clock 1.1 anyway...it doesnt like it...it freezes. 1ghz is the max I would ever go safely. I only overclock to 800 anyway, as there is not a benefit for me to go higher. Linpack and quadrant benchmarks mean jack squat to performance of my phone. I see no visible difference between 1000 and 800, so why push my CPU to the edge.

2. Task managers are pointless. They work against the OS. Android kills tasks on its own...and if needed they can be force stopped, and clear data/cache from the manage applications menu in settings, so...why install an app that runs all the time (in running services), uses battery, just to kill apps when they freeze. No extra battery is used to leave apps in background memory. Android will kill it when it doesnt need it. Autokill is worthless.

3. They are apps that I went to the market and installed after flashing MIUI. I wanted a "droid" notification tone and "droid transform" for my ringer. So, I dl zedge and ringdroid...use zedge to dl a ringer I want...use ringdroid to save it to ringtones in media on SD card, when I have the ringers I want...I uninstall both apps...no use for them after that. If I need them again, I will go install them when I need to. And NO you cannot just dl zedge, save a ringtone, uninstall zedge and keep the ringtone you took. I delete the Zedge folder off my SD card after I uninstall...to keep it clean.

So...its an app that I DL from market, and tried to uninstall while only using MIUI.

There are other little quirks with the ROM too (ie, clicking on contacts fb profile in contacts menu...takes me to my own fb page, not theirs).

The "status" menu in about phone (top line) is not translated...and I cant read Kanji. I have no idea what pressing that green function would do.

Thats my only complaints. And the redraw is kind of annoying....but it happens seldomly...so I can live with it.

So far, battery life has been really good. 7 hr 16 min and have 60 percent charge left...and I didnt notice earlier but my gps and wifi were on in location and security...which uses more battery. I turned gps off when I noticed it ...at 70 percent. Keep in mind this is the first full day of me using this ROM...so..more to come.

Last edited:

Jmart922

Reaction score
Everything seems to be working except one thing, 3G disappeared and will not come back, even after allinonefix zip, reinstalling rom, wipe and then tried no wiping, wait a minute just thought of something to try be back

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using the 1.1 Ghz Kernel at this time, whatever came with the ROMs.

I agree with what you said about Quadrant Scores and what not. When I first learned about them, I wanted to get the high marks like everyone else, but the higher I went with the CPU speed, the more my phone didn't perform as well.

I also agree with the Task Manager point, but you missed what I was saying. I was saying to use the Task Killer/Manager app (not sure which one) to uninstall the apps you are having an issue with, not for kiling processes.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm using the 1.1 Ghz Kernel at this time, whatever came with the ROMs.

I agree with what you said about Quadrant Scores and what not. When I first learned about them, I wanted to get the high marks like everyone else, but the higher I went with the CPU speed, the more my phone didn't perform as well.

I also agree with the Task Manager point, but you missed what I was saying. I was saying to use the Task Killer/Manager app (not sure which one) to uninstall the apps you are having an issue with, not for kiling processes.

oh...its okay. I reflashed and havent tried to uninstall anything else since. I restored to ss4.8, got the ringers I wanted...then flashed back to MIUI. I have not had any issues uninstalling apps by using the ROMs trashcan feature, so I havent worried about it.

However, I havent been able to install the latest google search from the market.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Resolved my issue not being able to install the newest version of google search from the market. Here is what I did to get it to work.

1. Used root explorer../system/app/googlequicksearchbox.apk renamed to add .bak to the end.

2. go to settings>applications>manage applications all tab, find google services framework, clear data.

3. Reboot to recovery...re-flash the MIUIallinonefixes.zip

4. Reboot....go to market, install latest google search app.

5. Went back to root explorer and changed the googlequicksearchbox.apk back to what it was (basically delete the .bak from the end).

presto!

Dont know if anyone else was having an issue updating google search. The newest version allows you to specify search criteria with the little "settings" icon in the top of the window when you press the G down arrow.

EDIT: Also, after doing this above process, I deleted ADW launcher successfully...and have not had any reboots (which I was getting before) while uninstalling apps from settings.

thinking maybe something was twisted up in the first all in one fix flash I did.

Last edited:

martytoo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help in getting the Google search to update.

I did as you outlined except that I used Android Terminal Emulator instead of Root Explorer.

Once I get everything set for this ROM it will be time to install version 3!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cool! Glad it worked for you. It is probably much quicker doing it through terminal, I just havent had the time to learn the command language...so I did it the long way. :). Same end result though.

Only thing I cannot promise is that if the market update for google search comes out with next version...updating may be unsuccessful next time. When Im sure repeating this process would allow the workaround.

martytoo

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it is easier to use the terminal. I was too cheap to buy the Root. Explorer.

I am posting because I wanted to tell those who do this procedure that the Google voice search was installed/updated twice before I got the current version.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
another issue I found with this ROM.

My camera app. When I open my camera, the first picture I take it saves the picture in the little preview window. If I touch to try and preview that picture, it doesnt work. It just stays on the camera screen. Also, it will not allow me to move switch to video at this time. If I take a second picture, for some reason...the second pic allows me to preview the pic AND/or toggle the switch to video recorder.

Just a little annoying. It would be nice if it worked right the first time.

Anyone else have this experience?

Its kinda funny, as I encounter these little quirks, it doesnt deter me from still using the rom. I like it a lot. Im going to stick with it for a while as a daily driver and see how stability is longer term. I know that a lot of people will help and im sure support is there to work on correcting some of these issues and providing them as an update.

ASN-121

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the gallery... Whenever I try to look at photos, it never fully renders them, or sometimes it changes to a different photo in a completely different location (i.e. I'm in \sdcard\backgrounds and it ends up showing a photo from \sdcard\download).
Have another folder called Wallpapers, and every time I click on a thumbnail, the gallery force closes.

I followed the install to a T, including the AIO fix, so before anyone asks, that's good.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just waned to correct my issue with installing google search update.

No need to clear data from framework services...nor reflash the all in one zip.

All you need to do is simply rename the googlequickboxsearch.apk to googlequickboxsearch.apk.bak in root explorer (or terminal, whichever you prefer), then reboot.

Upon reboot, you should be able to install the latest google search update. Then if you wish...you can rename the original file back to .apk (havent tried deleting it, but Im sure it would be ok).

Sorry for the extra step in the first instructions. lol. What can I say..Im a noob.:icon_ banana:

martytoo

Reaction score
You may be a noob, but not for long if you keep up the good work with these tips. Thanks again.
:greendroid:

mikedav

Reaction score
I am having problem with 3g. If I flash miui with wifi on, 3g will not turn on when I go out of range. If I already have 3g, it's fine until I come into wifi range. it will switch to wifi, but again, 3g will not come back once I am out of range. I had it working great. I installed over SS 4.8, Saffire and Cyanogen. Same thing. I also deleted the extra "AccountSandsyncing" file.