MIUI search and maps.

apockoffork

Reaction score
Two things. One is probably simpler than the other.

I would like to default to google search when I hit the search button on the home screen and not go into miui search (which just seems to be vastly inferior). I think when I first installed I may have hit something to default it to something else but I can't find which things defaults I need to clear (I've checked sidekick and anything that has search in its name).

The second thing is I was wondering what other peoples performance on the maps program is. The performance of it seems to be relatively weak. I'm using the stock kernel so maybe more Hz would help but I'm not sure it would really change it. If I load maps itself I can usually slide around the map well enough but zoomed in far enough for the buildings to appear performance really suffers. Navigation works okay usually. It really lags and fails however when I try to search either through the main maps program or places. As a sidenote I do use latitude but I don't think that has too large of an effect on things. Sometimes it will get bad enough that the whole maps program hangs and locks up the phone for a minute or so. Is this the "normal" behavior on this rom or should I be expecting something better.

Thanks for any help guys!

Droidfish

Reaction score
To solve your first issue:

Go to the market and install Google Voice Search. When I noticed that Voice Search wasn't pre-installed on the Rom I downloaded it and it inadvertently fixed the issue that you are talking about.

Hope that helps

OP
A

apockoffork

Reaction score
My bad if it was confusing. Voice search actually works fine. If I long press the search button I get the voice popup and everything is dandy. Its the single press to bring up the basic google search app that I'm having trouble with.