Mobile Network Access Problem

SWJED

Reaction score
Got my Droid Incredible yesterday and activated via Verizon a couple of hours ago. I am now trying to get it set up. First major problem I've encountered is the Mobile Network is stuck in the "turning on" mode - it just won't turn on... On edit: I've tried the *228 option 2 route to no avail.

Last edited:
OP
S

SWJED

Reaction score
Connected

I went through the activate phone process again and I'm now connected to the mobile network. Just FYI if someone else has this problem.

nishantp

Reaction score
Mobile Network Turning On...

I have the same problem. I tried activating again (registered my ESN on verizon's website), then *228 option one, still the same problem. Anyone have any ideas??

Don Brown

Reaction score
Same problem ...

In settings, mobile network function "turning on" perpetually. Shaded and doesn't do anything. I've removed battery, activated, reactivated and been on the phone with Verizon several times. Extremely frustrating first-time smart phone experience. It was fine for 3 weeks until yesterday and restoring to factory settings. ARGH!

nishantp

Reaction score
Don - The solution that worked for me was a call to Verizon. Interesting that you have this problem after it has been working for 3 weeks, but nonetheless, call Verizon and tell them the problem. They need to provision you again. They will remove you from the data plan and put you back on. Don't factory reset, that probably won't help.

Don Brown

Reaction score
Thanks, but I keep calling them, nobody has an answer and then each CSR says they'll call me back with a programmer and they never DO. I want to pull my hair out!

vzwtek

Reaction score
Don - The solution that worked for me was a call to Verizon. Interesting that you have this problem after it has been working for 3 weeks, but nonetheless, call Verizon and tell them the problem. They need to provision you again. They will remove you from the data plan and put you back on. Don't factory reset, that probably won't help.

The only reason they will have you do factory reset is in case the phone will not provision correctly when the system is provisioned correctly. A way to reprovision the phone without going through the hassles of a hard reset is,

dial ##program (use the digits that correspond to program)
go to nam settings i thin it is, go to mdn and change it to 0000000000
then go to the mind settings and change it to 0000000000. hit menu, commit modifications (i think thats what it says). then the phone will reset, and then it comes back up, do *22800, wait for the chick and then press 1.

nishantp

Reaction score
Call them again and tell them to remove you from the data plan and put you back in. It's a known problem. If it still doesn't work, request a new phone.

Don Brown

Reaction score
another question

Not following the ##program instruction. What do you mean? How do I get to the screen that allows me to change NAM and mind settings?

The only reason they will have you do factory reset is in case the phone will not provision correctly when the system is provisioned correctly. A way to reprovision the phone without going through the hassles of a hard reset is,

then go to the mind settings and change it to 0000000000. hit menu, commit modifications (i think thats what it says). then the phone will reset, and then it comes back up, do *22800, wait for the chick and then press 1.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Not following the ##program instruction. What do you mean? How do I get to the screen that allows me to change NAM and mind settings?

you go to the dialer, dial ##program and hit send, that will take you to a screen that asks for an unlock code, for this its 000000, then follow the rest of the directions.

Don Brown

Reaction score
help again!

what do you mean "##program"??? there is no program button! help!

vzwtek

Reaction score
what do you mean "##program"??? there is no program button! help!

you dial it, there isnt a program button, like you are going to call that number, dial ## and dial the numbers that make program. then hit send.

Don Brown

Reaction score
got that. it's taking me to a password screen. what is the password? thanks for your help! we'll see if this works...

Don Brown

Reaction score
Need further help

VZWTEK,

I used 000000 to get into the program mode after hitting ##program per your instructions. I am not seeing specifically the mind setting or the MND setting.

When the menu pops open, there is "NAM CDMA Settings" along with "NAM-General" and a few other options. Within both of those (which seem to be the most likely candidates), there is no specific option for changing anything called "mind" or MND. And those aren't available in the other categories either. Could they be called something else??