Motorola Promises Jelly Bean to 'most' phones

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I dont know much about the different upgrades, but when I got my last upgrade about a month.. or two... ago on my Razr Maxx, the batter life has been half of what it used to be. My husband has the same problem. My phone shows its runningAndroid 4.0.4, but dont know if that is how you tell what you are running on it or not. A co-worker with the same phone is having the same probem and it started with our last update. How can I tell what system I am running and is there an update soon to hopefully correct the problem?
Android 4.0 is indeed Ice Cream Sandwich. Sorry you are having battery problems! Have you checked out Smart Actions? come with the new version of android, and is intended to help extend the life of your battery

Last edited:

DetCochran

Reaction score
I have tried several smart actions... but so far its not help. :angry: I had some advice from another forum about batteries. I did not know if others have had problems since the last update. Its not just my husband and I, its also a co-worker with the same issue. I know I play on my phone some days so I thought it was just me using it too much, then my husband was having the same problems and he does not use his much except phone calls and text.

How can I find out (if I can) when the next upgrade is going to be? Husband's phone is having display problems, but he may chage to another phone if this does not get any better with the battery...

markc23

Reaction score
I have tried several smart actions... but so far its not help. :angry: I had some advice from another forum about batteries. I did not know if others have had problems since the last update. Its not just my husband and I, its also a co-worker with the same issue. I know I play on my phone some days so I thought it was just me using it too much, then my husband was having the same problems and he does not use his much except phone calls and text.

How can I find out (if I can) when the next upgrade is going to be? Husband's phone is having display problems, but he may chage to another phone if this does not get any better with the battery...

I know my battery life nosedived both times I tried Go Launcher Ex, I haven't tried it on ICS 232 yet. I've had Juice Defender for a long time and never thought it did much good, until using it on the Bionic. It truly saves my phone hours of usage, especially since at work I'm in a fringe area and the signal is weak.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score

Moto will put jelly bean (android 4.1) on the razr and maxx. They haven't said when other than before the end of the year.

DetCochran

Reaction score
is there any way for us to download it ourselves w/o waiting for the automatic upgrade? This battery issue is becoming a problem when I cant make it through a shift at work without the battery draining so low. It died on me last light when we were out working late.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
DetCochran said:
is there any way for us to download it ourselves w/o waiting for the automatic upgrade? This battery issue is becoming a problem when I cant make it through a shift at work without the battery draining so low. It died on me last light when we were out working late.

There probably will be. The RAZR section of the forums may have more info on that. This announcement was just made yesterday so it is still early

beltwaybob

Reaction score
I guess I could agree. This current bionic is beast.

I will probably be all over a new nexus though, my upgrade is in January.

I bought a NEXUS and it dropped calls and couldn't maintain a data connection. Got a replacement NEXUS and it did the same. Went back to my Bionic until our area got 4G and tried the NEXUS again. Same problems. I'm back on the Bionic and happy with it. Motorola certainly has a better radio. But I wish we would get ICS or JB. Bob

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
beltwaybob said:
I bought a NEXUS and it dropped calls and couldn't maintain a data connection. Got a replacement NEXUS and it did the same. Went back to my Bionic until our area got 4G and tried the NEXUS again. Same problems. I'm back on the Bionic and happy with it. Motorola certainly has a better radio. But I wish we would get ICS or JB. Bob

A new nexus might not be made by samsung

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Samsung, Sony, and LG are all 3 supposed to be making a Nexus.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

davidsonce

Reaction score
Yeah this has to be a joke they can't get ICS right and their talkiing about Jelly Bean.

bill_garrett

Reaction score
davidsonce said:
Yeah this has to be a joke they can't get ICS right and their talkiing about Jelly Bean.

I'd agree if it weren't for the fact that the new leadership just got in the door and has made more progress on multiple fronts in about 3 months than previous leadership did in the previous 9.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'd agree if it weren't for the fact that the new leadership just got in the door and has made more progress on multiple fronts in about 3 months than previous leadership did in the previous 9.

THIS....The old CEO didn't get fired cause they loved what he had done with the place. The fact that google replaced him with an ex-google ceo is pretty telling. Give google a chance to finish cleaning house and THEN let's see if the skepticism should remain. But at least give them a chance. This is a brand new ball game with google kicking moto in the @$$.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
THIS....The old CEO didn't get fired cause they loved what he had done with the place. The fact that google replaced him with an ex-google ceo is pretty telling. Give google a chance to finish cleaning house and THEN let's see if the skepticism should remain. But at least give them a chance. This is a brand new ball game with google kicking moto in the @$$.

Man, come January, I'm going to have a hell if a time deciding on a new phone if moto is stepping their game up, with those phones they showed off...

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Man, come January, I'm going to have a hell if a time deciding on a new phone if moto is stepping their game up, with those phones they showed off...

I was just reading that the latest theory is that these are the LAST of the "old moto" phones. Meaning this is what Moto had in the pipeline before Google took over. And that next year, watch out cause the designs on the new phones will have Google written all over them. VERY exciting times. I'm LIKELY to pick up a RAZR MAXX HD Dev phone if they release one. Unlockable moto hardware with google backing it? YES PLEASE!