MP3 Audiobooks playback position

krolique

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my droid this weekend and I loaded some of my crap on it.
I listen to audio books which are all single file. However I can't figure out how to get the droid default player to resume the position on which I left off from if/then i close the player.

You are better off to get an app specifically for audiobooks. I use one called Bookdroid. Not only will it keep your place in the audiobook, if the audiobook has multible files, it will combine them to give you a total book time. It doesn't physically combine them, but if all the files added togeather are 25 hours long, it will show a slider that shows where you are presently at within that 25 hours. It has several more features. Price is about 4 bucks I think. Well worth it if you listen to alot of books.

Absent Mobile

There are a few others out there as well, but I am not familar with them. Google android and audiobook.

I listen to audio books also with the default player. I hit the home button instead of the back button or closing the player and it always remembers where I am. It even remembers when I turn my phone off and then turn it back on. An app would be ideal though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I listen to audio books also with the default player. I hit the home button instead of the back button or closing the player and it always remembers where I am. It even remembers when I turn my phone off and then turn it back on. An app would be ideal though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dumb dumb moron question sorry: what is the name of the default player? Google play music?

Dumb dumb moron question sorry: what is the name of the default player? Google play music?
This thread is almost 5 years old. Android has changed a lot and so have the phones. Now the default player will depend on which device you have. If your looking for a player that will hold position even during reboots I recommend Rocket Player

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Back