Music App Lag

Elkay

Reaction score
Guys.....

I literally made an account on this site to tell you how to fix this problem. I was having the same problem, and reading all your responses, and I must say some of you guys are complete and total idiots who are over thinking this by a long shot. Talking about how you need to root your phone and install all this ****..... yada yada yada. NO! Micro SD cards have different speed classes (either 2, 4, 6, or 10). The X2 dual core processor is too fast for the crappy class 2 or 4, so go out and buy either a 6 or a 10. BAM! Problem Solved!

Worked perfectly for me :)

SD Speed Class - SD Association

OK, but explain Amazon and Pandora music playback skipping, since its streamed and has nothing to do with the SD card?

Apex 2.0 Revolution

And root + the memory allocation fix takes care of that. Another free fix. Case in point with all these "free fixes" to make the DX2 work like it should have out of the box, I'm glad I switched to the D3.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. A $200 smartphone should be able to play music and work well out of the box.

Apex 2.0 Revolution

IvanTheGiant

Reaction score
Guys.....

I literally made an account on this site to tell you how to fix this problem. I was having the same problem, and reading all your responses, and I must say some of you guys are complete and total idiots who are over thinking this by a long shot. Talking about how you need to root your phone and install all this ****..... yada yada yada. NO! Micro SD cards have different speed classes (either 2, 4, 6, or 10). The X2 dual core processor is too fast for the crappy class 2 or 4, so go out and buy either a 6 or a 10. BAM! Problem Solved!

Worked perfectly for me :)

SD Speed Class - SD Association

OK, but explain Amazon and Pandora music playback skipping, since its streamed and has nothing to do with the SD card?

Apex 2.0 Revolution

And root + the memory allocation fix takes care of that. Another free fix. Case in point with all these "free fixes" to make the DX2 work like it should have out of the box, I'm glad I switched to the D3.

Ok. In terms of why pandora lags for u it still has to do with the sd card. Think about when u watch something on youtube. Youtube starts to build up cache because the video loads beyond the point you are currently watching. This cache either builds up on internal or external memory. Obviously 4 u its external. And to the bloke obsessed about rooting and using the sd booster, do u even know what that program does? It transfers a ton of data what should be on ur external drive onto your internal drive, eliminating the lag, butoverall slowing down your phone. Get a better sd card!

Tboy72

Reaction score
Enough of the "get a better SD card". I replaced my stock card with a class 10 high speed (10MB/s) card and it didn't make a difference. END OF STORY!!

Last edited:

IvanTheGiant

Reaction score
Enough of the "get a better SD card. I replaced my stock card with a class 10 high speed (10MB/s) card and it didn't make a difference. END OF STORY!!

Bro Im sorry it didn't work 4 u, I have no idea why it didn't. Im just saying it worked 4 me. It might be something with ur particular phone. If I were u I would call the verizon warranty center ( the number is preinstalled in ur contacts list). You have a 1 year warranty, they'll just send u a replacement phone (same model u have now) in the mail along with a box to send back ur current phone in (free of charge). Im on my 3rd replacement phone. Luckily this 1 one seems 2 be working good after replacing the sd card. GL

Tboy72

Reaction score
Enough of the "get a better SD card. I replaced my stock card with a class 10 high speed (10MB/s) card and it didn't make a difference. END OF STORY!!

Bro Im sorry it didn't work 4 u, I have no idea why it didn't. Im just saying it worked 4 me. It might be something with ur particular phone. If I were u I would call the verizon warranty center ( the number is preinstalled in ur contacts list). You have a 1 year warranty, they'll just send u a replacement phone (same model u have now) in the mail along with a box to send back ur current phone in (free of charge). Im on my 3rd replacement phone. Luckily this 1 one seems 2 be working good after replacing the sd card. GL

I think I am going to call and try to get a replacement. I'm just not sure on what happens to all of the apps that I purchased, as well as all of the data on my phone.

IvanTheGiant

Reaction score

I think I am going to call and try to get a replacement. I'm just not sure on what happens to all of the apps that I purchased, as well as all of the data on my phone.

Getting a replacement phone from verizon is easy as hell. U tell them the problem then their gonna make u restore ur phone by holding down your power and home button key at the same time. To save u time I would suggest u telling them u already did that otherwise their gonna make u do it and it takes 15 minutes over the phone. Then they'll ask u 2 see if the problem still remains.... so I suggest u telling them u already restored it b4 and the problem still remains. In terms of all ur contacts, u can back them up with a program already preinstalled on ur phone called back up assit. And if u can remember when u first got ur phone it required u to make a google account to download apps from the market, google remembers all the apps u paid 4 so redownloading them would be free. Hope this helps.

IvanTheGiant

Reaction score

Getting a replacement phone from verizon is easy as hell. U tell them the problem then their gonna make u restore ur phone by holding down your power and home button key at the same time. To save u time I would suggest u telling them u already did that otherwise their gonna make u do it and it takes 15 minutes over the phone. Then they'll ask u 2 see if the problem still remains.... so I suggest u telling them u already restored it b4 and the problem still remains. In terms of all ur contacts, u can back them up with a program already preinstalled on ur phone called back up assit. And if u can remember when u first got ur phone it required u to make a google account to download apps from the market, google remembers all the apps u paid 4 so redownloading them would be free. Hope this helps.

Keep in mind ur doing this with the warranty center over the phone.... don't actually go to a verizon store

Tboy72

Reaction score

It does. Tremendously. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I'm going to do this tomorrow. I'll have to remember to take out my SD card, and put the stock card back in as well.

I have heard of people going through several phones before finally getting one that didn't have so many issues.

Do you know if it is possible to exchange my X2 for a different model, if I pay the extra money for an upgraded model. For example, if I want a Thunderbolt, I'd have to throw in an extra 50.00. ( I think the Thunderbolt is 250 with 2yr contract, instead of the 200 I paid for the X2).

Or is that only possible during the 14 day return period when I bought the phone?) I really do like the dual core aspect of the X2. I don't know if you checked out the Tegra Zone app, but some of those games look really good on this phone.

The bottom line is at least I can get a replacement X2. If I get one that actually runs well, I'd be sitting pretty with one hell of a phone.

Last edited:

IvanTheGiant

Reaction score

It does. Tremendously. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I'm going to do this tomorrow. I'll have to remember to take out my SD card, and put the stock card back in as well.

I have heard of people going through several phones before finally getting one that didn't have so many issues.

Yeah. U actually hold on 2 both sd cards along with the back battery cover and the battery u currently have. They will just send u the actually phone with non of those parts. GL

Tboy72

Reaction score

Yeah. U actually hold on 2 both sd cards along with the back battery cover and the battery u currently have. They will just send u the actually phone with non of those parts. GL

Do they send it "next day" shipping, or does it take awhile to get here?

Tboy72

Reaction score

Did you root your phone? I'll have to unroot my phone before I send it back to them. I doubt that they will check to see if I rooted my phone anyway.

IvanTheGiant

Reaction score

Use to be next day shipping but they changed it to 3 day shipping which isn't bad. U still get to keep using ur current phone until the new one gets there. Keep in mind the package will need a signature, they don't just leave it at ur doorstep. If ur not home fedex will leave a note saying they'll come back tomorrow expecting a signature OR...this took me a while to figure out, u can sign that piece of paper they leave at ur doorstep granting them to leave the package if ur not home