Need an Honest, Straightforward answer.

uscrebel

Reaction score
First time poster, long-time lurker.

I have spent the last three days going through old threads. I have been actually reading them, dutifully following links, downloading apk's (whatever the hell they are), pulling my battery, pulling my hair, and kicking my dog. The source of all of this activity... trying to root my Droid Pro. Here's my question.

Can this puppy be "easily" rooted?

Let me qualify a bit.

1. I have a Droid Pro from Verizon
2. I have System Version 3.8.7.XT610
3. It is using Android 2.2.1
4. The build number is 3.4.2_80_V2_87
5. When I say easily, I would prefer not hooking it up via USB, but I will if it can be untethered after that.
6. I will entertain a fully-tethered approach as long as it is not a brick between rebooting and tethering.

I'll hang up and listen to the answers.

nutpn

Reaction score
yes It can

yes it can,if you will load gingerbreak 1.20 on your sd card,and it will root,I have done every update on the droid pro with gingerbreak,so google it and you will find it ,then download to sd card and install it- then open it and click root and you are on your way to opening up a whole new world,thanks

OP
U

uscrebel

Reaction score
Ok... a little confused here.

I read your post below that tells me to have gingerbreak 1.2 on my sd card, but every place that I find it online tells me to install it to my device, not my sd card.

Can I assume that you mean DOWNLOAD it to my SD card and then use an installer to install it to the device?

yes it can,if you will load gingerbreak 1.20 on your sd card,and it will root,I have done every update on the droid pro with gingerbreak,so google it and you will find it ,then download to sd card and install it- then open it and click root and you are on your way to opening up a whole new world,thanks

nutpn

Reaction score
root

yes that is what I meant,download to sd card,click install- then open app up and run it and let it do its magic,give it a lil bit,usually on mine a couple minutes,but it has took upwards to 6 minutes a few times.

OP
U

uscrebel

Reaction score
Thanks... I am have been an iPhone user, so this rooting stuff is a bit new to me. I'll let you know how it worked.

OP
U

uscrebel

Reaction score
Took less than two minutes. Thanks dude. Any recommendations for what to do/download now?

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
well there is many things to download depending on your tastes

also just wanted to say i find it easier just to hook up to computer and run super one click root i find it way faster then going through and installing a apk and running it. S1C i just connect phone press root pull of usb reboot and good to go

OP
U

uscrebel

Reaction score
I tried superoneclick three or four times to no avail. I am a mac user and I had to run it through Parallels. I'm not sure how it would be easier, once I understood what I was supposed to do, from download to root was like four minutes.

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
i think its more my personal choice just cause im have to constantly get root again after i sbf. since i do it so much and i only do it from my windows 7 pc i find it pretty easy i guess

OP
U

uscrebel

Reaction score
BTW, what exactly is SBF and why do you (and others) do it so often?

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
its bascilly our way of getting back to stock and also it saves you when you working on a rom or something and you make a stupid mistake. it lets you go back to stock even if you completely messed up the software thats in it right now but once you got back you need to start over and reroot the phone

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
I tried superoneclick three or four times to no avail. I am a mac user and I had to run it through Parallels. I'm not sure how it would be easier, once I understood what I was supposed to do, from download to root was like four minutes.

Did you make sure that your Droid Pro has USB Debugging enabled? SuperOneClick will not work if this option is not enabled.

The setting is under Settings->Applications->Development.

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score

Did you make sure that your Droid Pro has USB Debugging enabled? SuperOneClick will not work if this option is not enabled.

The setting is under Settings->Applications->Development.

thats true but gingerbreak apk wont work with out debugging enabled so im sure he did have it enabled

OP
U

uscrebel

Reaction score
Yep... it's enabled.

I actually follow directions pretty well.