Need data from broken phone but nothing works :(

Mostdope

Reaction score
Hello. So my phone got ran over and the screen shattered completely and I need the contacts/pictures/messages off of it. Basically everything. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have a Galaxy s4. Thanks in advance

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

Do you have an SD in the phone? If so did you store your contacts, photos and messages on it?

OP
M

Mostdope

Reaction score
I do but Im pretty silly and definitely did not format it first. So getting the info off it is another thing :( But I only saved some stuff on it

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If the phone was run over, I would expect internal damage. I suggest you see what is on the SD as I doubt you will get anything from the phone.

OP
M

Mostdope

Reaction score
It turns on and stuff and I can see the lights working and stuff. And it charges. I dunno, I guess I will ask elsewhere haha. I've tried so many places though lol

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you had Google Sync turned on all your info may be in your Google account. Check it out.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It turns on and stuff and I can see the lights working and stuff. And it charges. I dunno, I guess I will ask elsewhere haha. I've tried so many places though lol
That's good news! Have you tried plugging it directly to your PC? If you can't plug to your PC or have an SD card, there is no other option, regardless of the site you visit.

P

promo87

Hello. So my phone got ran over and the screen shattered completely and I need the contacts/pictures/messages off of it. Basically everything. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have a Galaxy s4. Thanks in advance

Well, I would say that there is no need to worry about the contacts as I guess you may have access to the gmail account which you have sync over your device. So for getting the contacts back just make sure that you log yourself up over the gmail account which you have used over your android device on the Laptop/PC. Once logged in search for the Google Contact Manager over the Google search engine and you can see all the contacts stored over your damaged phone I can't help you with backing up your device pictures but you should try looking at it over the Google if you have turned the sync on then it may have backed up automatically otherwise I can't help you in backing up .... :(