Need help with root!

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
I have decided to finally root a device. I have done much research, but just couldnt take the plunge with my D1. I just got back to the states after being overseas for six months and i got a D2 Global. I have made the decision to root. I tried Z4 root and that didnt work. Yesterday i spent all day trying to do it through my mac terminal with no success. I need some help. I really want to root. I have gone through all of the trouble shooting for the mac 1-2-3 root and i was doing everything right it just wouldnt take. Someone with patience and knowlege with macs please help!

Swirly

Reaction score
Well they just came out w/ a update for the D2G and u should update 1st then try z4root again... i had the same problem and it worked just fine* got my droid 2 global 3days ago* :-D

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
I got the update this morning. But I dont have z4 root and they took it of the market.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can get z4root at xda

google z4root xda and you'll find the thread that has the apk attached

tappin and a talkin

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
Is z4 root and the 1-2-3 root the same thing? Do they give superuser ability to the same apps ?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Both will give you super user access

If you download z4root you can do so either on your phone or on your computer but either way just place the apk on your sd card and use a file manager to find the file. Once you find it if you click it it will bring up the option to install it.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
OK thank you. I am trying that now. I hope this works i have been trying to root my phone for three days. I am learning though.

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
i just tried to download the file but i think they removed it cause it wont go on my phone

timrenzi573

Reaction score
i just tried to download the file but i think they removed it cause it wont go on my phone

you can't download it in the browser, it's finicky about downloading apk files. download on your computer and copy it over with usb.

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
I just rooted (or at least I think I rooted) with z4 thank you guys for your help. Now I can't seem to load any Roms I have been trying with RM. Should I get bootstrap instead? And what are some good Roms and where do I get them? Sorry for all the dummy questions.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will need to pick up the d2 bootstrapper to flash roms. The only one available for the d2g is fission, and currently there is no sbf. Proceed with caution and do a lot of research so you know what you're doing first.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
STRONGLY recommended!

You will need to pick up the d2 bootstrapper to flash roms. The only one available for the d2g is fission, and currently there is no sbf. Proceed with caution and do a lot of research so you know what you're doing first.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
So fission is the only rom? Regular D2 Roms wont work for the global?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ATM. And ohhhh no!! Unless you want a shiny new paperweight of course. ;)

So fission is the only rom? Regular D2 Roms wont work for the global?

DroidForums junkie!!