need new battery for D3

IdaBoy

Reaction score
Where can I buy the latest hi capacity battery for my Droid 3 that will fit with the original door?

OP
IdaBoy

IdaBoy

Reaction score
will it fit?

I am hoping to hear from those who can confirm it will fit. Thanks

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Just look for the BF5X battery. It'll fit.

OP
IdaBoy

IdaBoy

Reaction score
Actually I am looking at the BF6F, MOTOROLA PART # SNN5879A 1880/1930 mAh, as I have seen where some have said it will fit with original door.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
So you want the extended battery. Some people have said it would fit, although it's pretty snug. And I think it's BF6X.

OP
IdaBoy

IdaBoy

Reaction score
Yep, I am going to give it a try. I am hoping it will fit, and I will find out one way or another...

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Goodluck. I hope it works out for you.

doogald

Reaction score
The extended battery sort of fits. The back cover will not completely close, but it will probably close enough. That said, I really think that you are better off getting the proper back for the extended battery. It may be that the tighter space will cause the battery pack to not shed heat the way it is supposed to, which will be worse for battery life.

Still, try it with the stock back and see how it goes...

Cegtalk2u

Reaction score
I got mine on Amazon. The back cover does not fit well with it in but you cant see it with a case on the phone.

OP
IdaBoy

IdaBoy

Reaction score
It was just a little bit of work to get the door on and with my Otter box on you can't tell the differance. So far so good!

doogald

Reaction score
It was just a little bit of work to get the door on and with my Otter box on you can't tell the differance. So far so good!

When I used the otter box with my extended battery I just left the back cover off. The otter box itself was a good enough back cover.

JoeHockey

Reaction score
Be careful with Amazon

I just recently tried to buy a BF6X battery on amazon and 2 defective batteries later I had to just give up and get a refund. No problems with the refund but I was pretty disappointed that two batteries that appeared to be official Moto batteries were clearly junk. I have one BF6X and it works well so I'm just going to bite the bullet and pay full price for one from VZW.

doogald

Reaction score
There are some BF6x batteries on Amazon that are cheap, but I suspect that they are all used. The ones that sell for about $40 with the battery door are probably the only ones worth buying from Amazon at this point, almost two years after the D3 came out.

JoeHockey

Reaction score
never occurred to me that they might be selling used batteries (and yes they were cheap). Guess I need to give that vendor a bad review!