need opinions

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying this phone. Paying full retail and not putting service on it
it will be used as strictly a wifi device just for my young daughter to play games on at home. She is always wanting to play with my droid1. My question is will it work for this and does it have access to basically the same android market as my d1?

galaxieman63

Reaction score
The phone has access to the Google Android market. I believe there is an activation bypass for it as well. The phone is actually a little faster at most things than a stock D1, but nowhere near as fast as an OCed Droid running a custom ROM.

The major drawbacks of the phone are the lack of Flash, the lack of a camera flash, and that it comes with only a 2gb sd card. It took my kid just a few days to fill up the card and start asking for a bigger one.

You might consider picking up one of the Cricket android phones. They are more reasonably priced than full retail on the Vortex. Or you could pick up a used phone on eBay. Of course you could always get yourself a new phone and give the D1 to the kid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App