Need suggestions better camera and gallery app

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Built in camera has options to look at gallery after picture taken is there a hidden feature

The built in gallery is hard to navigate

Old maxx and lg4 were easy to use

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You really don't adapt too well to change, do ya? Haha!

I know a lot of people liked QuickPix (or Pick not sure), but it was recently bought by a company that's notorious for spam and terrible ads, so a lot of our forum members that were using it have left it behind.

Personally, I like Google Photos, but that's partially because I use it to backup my pictures.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
QuickPic is a fabulous replacement for Gallery and I resorted to using an app called "A Better Camera" to replace the grossly unconfigurable stock camera on my G4

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I like the new Google Gallery update. Albums are back!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hidden feature? I don't understand that question.

As far as the stock Gallery, its one of the better ones Moto has made in my opinion. Open it, select menu and then view camera only pics, all pics or make a Highlight Reel yourself using your pictures. It may not work for everyone though.

There are plenty of camera apps on the Play Store. please keep in mind that some users have reported issues on the Moto forum after replacing the stock camera app with a Play Store camera app. Read the reviews and description carefully before installing. Things like the built in "twist to open" features don't always play nicely with Play Store apps.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I just figured out you can slide from the right to left to see recent pictures from the camera but not the full gallery app.

The hidden feature thing I am looking for that I am astounded that does not seem to exist or I just can't find is a share button from the camera as opposed to going to gallery and then sharing.

I only like changes that improve things and going to turbo fixed my main issues with texting and battery life but I lost the improvements of a newer phone interface like the lg4.

The theme of Android is that it is customizable but its not easy to get all the features I want . Let's call my theme the Frankenstein phone for Halloween. I want the best features from all the phones without the bugs and critters.

The idea that some of the androids will have customizable hardware and be built in pieces and Frankenstein phone for me would be lg g4 interface and rez snd camera and power button and droid turbo battery and iPhone fingerprint reader and touch sensitivity with the dual antennas of a droid max and the blackberry hub quick access features to recent tasks and better phone search.

:)

I just checked the play store reviews of the camera and gallery apps and most seem to have issues.

I want to see a turbo 2 demo and hands at Verizon when its available as I always seem to come back to Motororola

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If its called the Turbo 2? Folks are just calling the new Droid Turbo 2 right now because they don't know what else to call it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The hidden feature thing I am looking for that I am astounded that does not seem to exist or I just can't find is a share button from the camera as opposed to going to gallery and then sharing.
This maybe a dumb question but How do you share something that doesn't exist? You can't share the camera until a photo is taken, which is why you can only share from the gallery(saved to the device). Which is why swiping left exists.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just snapped a real quick pic out my office window, swiped left and tapped the pic and share options are there:

53f1f90f49cff54843a86d4ad9031891.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The hidden feature thing I am looking for that I am astounded that does not seem to exist or I just can't find is a share button from the camera as opposed to going to gallery and then sharing....

Not sure if you noticed my post right above this one, but you can go directly from taking a pic to the gallery and share without ever really leaving the camera app. I didn't know the Share options were there when you swiped from the camera until today, but there they are. Worked pretty good.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I wonder if he's thinking like back in the old days you could open the camera on your flip phone. Snap. Send as mms. Which works today with a swipe > share. You can also start from Messaging. Click Attach. Take Photo. Send.
Or FB. Or Twitter. Or. Or. Or.....

Tap'n Turbo

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If its called the Turbo 2? Folks are just calling the new Droid Turbo 2 right now because they don't know what else to call it.

But will lenovo who owns moto still make it as good as when Google owned moto?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But will lenovo who owns moto still make it as good as when Google owned moto?

In my opinion....Yes! They kept the Motorola CEO on board, along with other key Moto employees. What really changed? The parent name of the company. Look at the new Moto X 2015 lineup....made under Lenovo's leadership and seems to be a solid phone with excellent build quality, good specs and good user reviews. I believe the 2015 Droid will be just as awesome as the 2015 Moto X....if not even better. :cool:

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
In my opinion....Yes! They kept the Motorola CEO on board, along with other key Moto employees. What really changed? The parent name of the company. Look at the new Moto X 2015 lineup....made under Lenovo's leadership and seems to be a solid phone with excellent build quality, good specs and good user reviews. I believe the 2015 Droid will be just as awesome as the 2015 Moto X....if not even better. :cool:
Does the moto x have a similar battery? I have never seen one.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The 2015 Moto X has a 3000 mah battery, which is quite a bit larger than the 2014 Moto X.