Network lag

tadow213m

Reaction score
For the past few days my tb has been absolutely terrible when it comes to anything that requires internet usage, it just freezes up and about 30 to 45 seconds later it loads. If I open my browser and do a simple google search it can take up to 1 min for the search results to load. I tried testing my phone in different areas but the same results no matter where I tried. Anyone experience the same type of network lag or delays?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jka

Reaction score
Mine started today it is slower than a snail or it don't open at all

Dragon Private Investigations

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
It's so annoying, this tb has given me so many damn problems since day one, slow, crashes, texts disappear , random reboot, I mean really???

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
Called Verizon today regarding my network issue and the rep told me that my phone must have a corrupt file and that the only solution is a factory reset. I don't want to go through Tue hassle of losing all my apps and settings and restore ky phone, anyone have a alternative solution?

tkdghk0831

Reaction score
I've been suffering exact same issue, tried everything i could think of.. including factory reset or flash radio..

But none of them worked..
At least it pulled up the speedtest from 3 mbps to 13 mbps, but thats just about it.. internet still slow. Slower than my previous LG Ally which ran on 3g..

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I've been complaining about this for three days since I received my new tb and my data comes and goes some times 3g done times 4g but it always takes around 1 minute to load a google search

tc3

Reaction score
Yep.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
If that's the case than I don't want to do a factory reset since it didnt fix the problem.

ryearout

Reaction score
Noticed same lag for past few days! With full bars and 4G... That tells me its most likely software issues!

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i just posted on how im lagging to google.com.. other sites are fine.. pls check yahoo.com..

there might be a network issue with google..

content switches, dns, etc..

Game4set

Reaction score
I've also been having issues (living in So Cal). I've been following this thread on XDA (Verizon 4g DNS issue? - xda-developers) and they've found a workaround for rooted people but nothing for non-rooted users. We need to raise awareness for this issue as not that many people know about it (I don't even know if Verizon is aware of it). I tried all the Thunderbolts at my local Verizon store and they all had the same issue.

TWXPV

Reaction score
Oh wow I have a similar problem

Since i dont know how to fix my 4G, I switched to 3G and amazingly, its faster than before, So for now im using 3G for my internet browsing. Try it guys!

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
You guys think this latest update could be the reason for all these lag issues? This entire morning all my phone did was give me the error that says you aren't connected to the network, nothing worked, no google, Facebook , market, stocks, nothing! Then later in the afternoon it worked again. Actually it took me 4 attempts to log into my Droid forums app.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I've also been having issues (living in So Cal). I've been following this thread on XDA (Verizon 4g DNS issue? - xda-developers) and they've found a workaround for rooted people but nothing for non-rooted users. We need to raise awareness for this issue as not that many people know about it (I don't even know if Verizon is aware of it). I tried all the Thunderbolts at my local Verizon store and they all had the same issue.

I tried the method in this thread and its fixed, my 4g is faster than ever

ryearout

Reaction score
Yeah switched to 3g and no more lag!
Whatever the real issue is....they better fix it! I bought a 4G phone...for what?

Sent from my ADR6400L 3G using DroidForums