New kitkat updat

rumblee1

Reaction score
Well, let's here the good, bad, and ugly about the kitkat update. I'm sure someone has downloaded it.

Well, let's here the good, bad, and ugly about the kitkat update. I'm sure someone has downloaded it.
There are numerous threads regarding the KK update. Take a look around.

The web is saying it was a 4.4.3 update, but it's only 4.4.2?

Don't c any difference...I notice battery icon is white and don't like it

Downloading now. I didn't receive a notification. I just happened to check. More later...!

Sent from my stock Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey

The changes are only superficial as far as I can tell, although my ringer does appear to be working properly now. It's too soon to tell if there'll be an improvement in battery usage.

The battery icon is white (why?). Ongoing and Notifications aren't separated anymore, and there's an annoying notification (can't remove) to unplug your phone when it's fully charged.

Multi screen hasn't added any apps, and it's not as usable as before the previous update.

Under Applications manager in Settings is Default applications. All I have is Launchers and Messages. I don't get the point.

When I use Swipepad, there seems to be a bouncing effect.

Oh, the update updated all the stocj

(oops)... stock apps, including Gmail, which has a different appearance, but, all the Google apps are still needing updates in Play. That doesn't make sense.

If I notice anything major, I'll be back.

Thanks for listening!

Back