New Roms

Reaction score
So we have root now. Which of these roms will we see or not see on our lovely Droid 3's?

- Cyanogen
- Liberty
- Liquid
- Droid Concepts
Maybe even some others i cant think of?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Root doesn't make any of those possible though it "can" be a stepping stone towards them. We still need a recovery and we don't know if a bootstrap or 2nd-init will work (ala the Droid 2/X). Our bootloader is still locked...so until we have a recovery, bootstrap/2nd-init or unlocked bootloader.....I wouldn't look for anything as far as Roms go.

Root doesn't make any of those possible though it "can" be a stepping stone towards them. We still need a recovery and we don't know if a bootstrap or 2nd-init will work (ala the Droid 2/X). Our bootloader is still locked...so until we have a recovery, bootstrap/2nd-init or unlocked bootloader.....I wouldn't look for anything as far as Roms go.

Ahh. I remember the d2g using dx bootstrap so i thought maybe d3 could use dx2 bootstrap or just dx not sure

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Droid Concepts!
Miui!
Liquid!
Project Elite!
My top 4 roms eventually.

BB, Cyanogen, Chevy and i know this won't happen but Ultimate Droid are honorable mentions!

Just give me something that is vanilla android and I'll be very happy.

MIUI wasn't working right / rotating when i slid keyboard out... kind of annoying. looked around, couldnt find a fix for that..uinstalled MIUI ;o

Droid Concepts!
Miui!
Liquid!
Project Elite!
My top 4 roms eventually.

BB, Cyanogen, Chevy and i know this won't happen but Ultimate Droid are honorable mentions!

Never say never. It wasn't long ago when many were saying that the locked bootloader on the Droid 2 (yes, the Droid 2 has a locked bootloader, remember?) would mean no CM7 for it, but they were proven to be wrong, ween't they? I predict that a workaround will be found for he locked bootloader on the Droid 3 too.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Never say never. It wasn't long ago when many were saying that the locked bootloader on the Droid 2 (yes, the Droid 2 has a locked bootloader, remember?) would mean no CM7 for it, but they were proven to be wrong, ween't they? I predict that a workaround will be found for he locked bootloader on the Droid 3 too.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

@patfactorx - It feels like Im running a MIUI rom ! Im digging it, especially when they get more MIUI themes to go with it.

@tattedupboy - Oh i have no doubt we will get these ROMS but I highly doubt we will get Ultimate Droid on the D3!

So does anyone know of any working roms yet? Or anyone working on roms? I see nothing over at XDA either.

So does anyone know of any working roms yet? Or anyone working on roms? I see nothing over at XDA either.

from what i read is that there is NO recovery for the droid 3(bootstrapped or custom recovery) and no recovery means no roms

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Got to caught up in wanting that. Well hopefully it comes soon.

Back